My high end is Gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My high end is Gone.

well alright heres the deal, when i try to accelerate hard say starting at 70 mph, itll take a full 3 min. to get to 120mph. it used to be alot better than that. i know it doesnt have alot of high end, but at the moment my exhaust is cut. Its also an auto tranny, cant really change the way it shifts to get a little more out of it. and another thing, when i have it in park, it idles at 1500 rpm. it holds at 500 in neutral. and when i drive it a little and put it in park, then it acts like it it wants to sputter out, then gets to a good normal range. (i have cleaned the fuel injectors too)
    Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
    Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
    Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
    Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
    Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

BUMP need some help.
    Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."

Comment

have you had a tune up lately?

what do you mean your exhaust is cut?

Comment

i was stoned, so my buddy convinced me to cut off from the cat on back. The only reason i did it was because-

A. I was stoned, and i mean like, bon jovi starts soundin good stoned.
        B. It already had a ass load of holes in it.
        C. ok, so i was a little drunk too.

And tuneup? My version of a tune-up = me replacing all gaskets and seals, clening carbon buildup, plugs, wires, entirely new distributor (not just cap) and a few other things. what is a tuneup to you?

Comment

Originally posted by 12gage
          And tuneup? My version of a tune-up = me replacing all gaskets and seals, clening carbon buildup, plugs, wires, entirely new distributor (not just cap) and a few other things. what is a tuneup to you?
          Do all that, and get an exhaust.

You're losing torque with no exhaust on there.

A seafoam job will clean up a lot of the carbon build up. Since you already cut your exhaust, either cut off your cat or unbolt it, then run the seafoam through. This way, you won't have to worry about clogging up your cat, which also causes bad performance.

either way, there's no reason to go that fast, ever.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
            Do all that, and get an exhaust.

You're losing torque with no exhaust on there.

A seafoam job will clean up a lot of the carbon build up. Since you already cut your exhaust, either cut off your cat or unbolt it, then run the seafoam through. This way, you won't have to worry about clogging up your cat, which also causes bad performance.

either way, there's no reason to go that fast, ever.
            thanks, never heard of seafoam. when it says poor into throttle body, do they mean through the air intake? and i do have a reason to go that fast..here it is..because i want to.

Comment

search seafoam

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

lol i did, thats were i got the info im asking about.

Comment

that's a little drastic but yeah i guess that would work as a tune up.

Comment

NOOOO...brake booster line! you dont dump it into the air intake ..you WILL hydrolock your engine and break some rods :

listen..you could also do this..pour 1/2 of the bottle into the gastank while its ...umm..say 1/4...then go and fill up on 93 octane, then drive around...WHILE you're driving....USE 1/2 of tank of gas....it will clean your injectors...lines..and filter as you drive...but if you want to clean your intake....

use the brake booster line!

BUT, be careful....depending on your mileage....that VERY carbon buildup is probably whats holding compression on your rings...and not only that...that carbon could be whats helping bad seals ....SEAL

so its a 50/50 chance ..you might uncover a BAD seal once you clean out your intake mani and EGR ports!

92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Umm...he won't hydrolock if he puts it in the intake? It goes the same place as the brake booster line...THE INTAKE MANIFOLD.
                      Originally posted by sweet91accord
                      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Ive heard people say put it upstream of the TB and downstream.....

i did it at the BBL and my shit is running better and no leaks almost 6 weeks i think.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                          Umm...he won't hydrolock if he puts it in the intake? It goes the same place as the brake booster line...THE INTAKE MANIFOLD.

Its more likely to stall/flood if he dumps a steady stream into the booster line/intake, instead of hydrolocking. Thats if he uses 1/3 like he's suppose to.
                          Last edited by Fake Thug; 07-10-2007, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 12gage
                            ]i was stoned , so my buddy convinced me to cut off from the cat on back. The only reason i did it was because-

A. I was stoned, and i mean like, bon jovi starts soundin good stoned.
                            B. It already had a ass load of holes in it.
                            C. ok, so i was a little drunk too.

Drugs and cars do not mix.

And Bon Jovi has always sounded good tough guy.

Seriously though.

Tune up

Valve adjustment

fluids, filters etc.

That is about as good as you are going to be able to do.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

u could always invest in a 50-75 shot of nitrous, that'll help get u to 120, probably even 130 if you have enough room haha. and it costs about 400-500 i'd say, so about the cost of a full tune-up. thats a quick way to go fast.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X