Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilding auto tranny

My Accord auto tranny is in bad shape so
    I am getting H23 auto tranny with TCU from friend.

I have done rebuiding Hyundai, Kia auto tranny.
    How hard is to rebuild the Honda auto tranny?
    Any good tips will be helpful.. Thanks.
    1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
    2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
    3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
    4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
    5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

It's not that hard really. Just lube up everything before installation.

I've seen it done before. Hardest part(to me) was to remember in which order all the parts went.

It's pretty expensive to get all the parts tho.

You'd probably be better off converting to manual, lol.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by accordmaniac
      My Accord auto tranny is in bad shape so
      I am getting H23 auto tranny with TCU from friend.

I have done rebuiding Hyundai, Kia auto tranny.
      How hard is to rebuild the Honda auto tranny?
      Any good tips will be helpful.. Thanks.
      not that bad. at least those years were still 2 shaft, not like the 2003 and newer where it is a 3 shaft trans. similsr to 5 speed and be careful about those small ball that looks like an oversized bb from the valve bodies. I have the Honda service manual that I can give to you pictures for reference. It has pictures and a step by step process in doing it. If you have rebuilt trans before, this should be cake for you. let me know and I'll arrange time to email copy of the pages for you.
      The beginning of a new era............................
      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

actually on this topic im thinking of rebuilding or buying a new one. how much is it for a brand new transmission? do they sell them brand new? also ive heard of tranny upgrades from like a prelude or something? What are my options?

Comment

Originally posted by alifeva
          actually on this topic im thinking of rebuilding or buying a new one. how much is it for a brand new transmission? do they sell them brand new? also ive heard of tranny upgrades from like a prelude or something? What are my options?
          to tell you honestly, Honda don't even make brand new trans anymore unless it is from a newer vehicle. they are all remanufactered now. meaning, old trans case but new bearings, gears etc. as for the options of your tranny, it depends on what you have, auto or 5speed? not too familiar with auto, but as for the 5 speed, my buddy has an h23 tranny on h22 and that gear ratio is shorter than the h22. personally, I don't like it because going 80mph, the rpm is too high for me. so it is more of a self preference and what you want to do. ask around for more opinions.
          The beginning of a new era............................
          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

i just want the best tranny for my car. Speed Wise. I want to catch up to those bmw's and porches in my neighborhood. Well off topic... im thinking about buying a renewed 2.2 f22a1 longblock and building a new engine in my garage. That way when I have acquired most of the parts I can afford I will do a swap and if I run into any problems I already have a working f22a engine in my car. i can (or the mechanic) can reuse any good working part I need for the new engine. Only problem i can think of is I KNOW my tranny at the moment is struggling. Im not putting that old POS on my new engine.

So the hypothetical question im asking you. Say you were building your dream car and money wasnt an option. What transmission would you put for a f22a1?

And ive already thought about maybe spending the 3 - 4 grand this is gonna take on a used H22. But then again its used. I think 3 - 4 grand towards on a NEW rebuilt f22 would be a good investment. What do you think?

Comment

oh btw i have a 4 speed auto

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
                not that bad. at least those years were still 2 shaft, not like the 2003 and newer where it is a 3 shaft trans. similsr to 5 speed and be careful about those small ball that looks like an oversized bb from the valve bodies. I have the Honda service manual that I can give to you pictures for reference. It has pictures and a step by step process in doing it. If you have rebuilt trans before, this should be cake for you. let me know and I'll arrange time to email copy of the pages for you.
                I have 93 Accord Factory service manaul.
                (Purchased from http://www.Helminc.com)

Thanks.
                Last edited by accordmaniac; 07-10-2007, 08:27 AM.
                1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Working...
                X