ac r12 or r134a????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ac r12 or r134a????

i am not sure if my system has been switch. i know that last year i bought r134a and put it in my car does that mean its been switch because of the fitting it hgas been switch? please help
    cant wait till im all done

Originally posted by 91accord2dr
    i am not sure if my system has been switch. i know that last year i bought r134a and put it in my car does that mean its been switch because of the fitting it hgas been switch? please help
    yes if you were able to put 134 in your system and everything works fine that means youve been switched.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
      yes if you were able to put 134 in your system and everything works fine that means youve been switched.
      Not all the time. Did you vacuum the whole system before puttin in 134. If you didnt you coulda done a lot more damage to your system and filling it with more 134a wont help. There are devices to test for contamination. But not a lot of places have them.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        Not all the time. Did you vacuum the whole system before puttin in 134. If you didnt you coulda done a lot more damage to your system and filling it with more 134a wont help. There are devices to test for contamination. But not a lot of places have them.
        very well put

i personally have access to one(refrigerant identifier)...

if anything, i'd take it to a shop and try to find out what DO you have in your system(r12, r134, or, may god forbid, both) AT LEAST get the system evacuated AND vacuumed(if they're not assholes and do it, lol) that way you'll be SURE

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
        My Ride thread
        Flickr
        Originally posted by d112crzy
        And it can only get better. That's the best part.
        All I gotta really say is:
        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Working...
        X