brake lines went out and i crashed... again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake lines went out and i crashed... again

I was driving around a couple days ago when i was taking this one corner sharp like i always do and the brakes decided to all of a sudden not work at all and by the time my friend had pulled the ebrake for me it was to late and i slid into a curb. i had to take it to the shop without brakes and i got new brakes. It cost me 300 and something dollars when i drove home and realized that something in the turning wasnt right and the engine started smoking. i took it back to the shop and i found out that my
    tortion bar (spelling?) was totally broken and another thing was bent and something was unwelded. The mechanic ordered a part but im not going to get it in until tuesday. The smoke from the engine was caused by a bad radiater cap wich made radiater fluid go everywhere. What i cant figure out though is what made my brake lines go loose. by the way my wheels look like this
    |------\ <wheel
    ^axle
    ]

DAMN...sorrie to hear.

so the brake lines busted? all at once? or the brake pads were no longer good?

glad you made it through...
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

it needed new brakes but what i dont understand is that the brake lines were so loose they all at once came like undone and the mechanic couldnt figure out how they came loose.
      ]

Comment

Sounds like a murder mystery to me.

No but really, how bad/worn were your brakes before the incident? And when was the last time you had the brake system checked? Cuz I'm thinkin' it's just been a while since the last check. Also, cuz I'm kinda laggin' about my brakes and I wanna know if it should move up in my priorities list. Glad your okay though....

Comment

this is just wonderful=- not! dammit it seems my radioater had broken and the car has to go to the body shop to be rebended and the transmission is messed up two. all because of a stupid little curb.
          ]

Comment

Working...
          X