Tranny Help :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranny Help :(

Ok so I went out for a joy ride just to feel my power and I was coming back into my drive way and threw my automatic tranny into neutral.Put it back in 1st and it went in reverse and all the gears only go in reverse except I think Park works like neutral.

What might the problem be?? Did I blow my tranny or did the shifting cable come loose?

Thanks

Cmon Bump

Comment

hmm this could be multiple issues but try this first. reset ecu pull out 10v fuse under hood check for CEL light if stored on ECU and see if it that will fix it. if not try this
      look for your shift control solnoid valve it may be faulty or have a short in it. that will also cause it to not go 1-4 gears and ect... if you have an auto which you do there are 2 solnoids on the transmission. the top one you see is the lock-up solnoid valve and the one on the bottom of that is the shift control valve disconnect the plug and also disconnect the A connector on your ECU which is the 26 pin plug and get a voltimeter or whatever and check pins A5 and A25 for continuity or A5 and A26 if you do get continuity then its a short and wire it from A5 to the solnoid to the left side of the plug which is if you look at it straight with the plus disconnector thingy on top its on the left side. let us know more info .......
      either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

I have no clue what you said, im not sure what you mean.So do I cross the pins or what? Can you please explain a bit further.

I undid the fuse and everthing and now it wont go in any gear but its either neutral or park that its in. Could it be the solenoids themselves I have some spares.

Also on the subject of solenoids, I was thinking what if you used i guess a better solenoid, would this make the tranny change faster?

Comment

IF park is acting like neutral check your shift cable. Sounds like it either broke or slipped adjustment.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
            I have no clue what you said, im not sure what you mean.So do I cross the pins or what? Can you please explain a bit further.

I undid the fuse and everthing and now it wont go in any gear but its either neutral or park that its in. Could it be the solenoids themselves I have some spares.

Also on the subject of solenoids, I was thinking what if you used i guess a better solenoid, would this make the tranny change faster?

no get a voltimeter and ohm out the amperage or voltage of the pins if you get like 14-16 ohms and it shows that on the voltimeter then you have a short on pin A5 to the solenoid. Thats what this is testing if the solenoid is bad or whatever or if you just got a short in the wire. you can put a new solenoid in but if it has a short your going to have the same issue.

and also check what nail said I forgot to say that but o wells...
            Last edited by trah; 07-03-2007, 12:41 PM.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Thanks for the help, but I cant get under my car to check the cable.Im home alone for a week and I need someone to lift up on my fender to get a jack under.Any one live in El Paso, Texas that could help me out

Comment

Thanks for the help, but I cant get under my car to check the cable.Im home alone for a week and I need someone to lift up on my fender to get a jack under.Any one live in El Paso, Texas that could help me out
                10 hours away hmm sorry to far of a drive lol

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Still confused

So I unplug the wire under the hood, start the car, and test the ohm's going to the pin on the wire?Thanks

Comment

Still confused

So I unplug the wire under the hood, start the car, and test the ohm's going to the pin on the wire?Thanks

somewhat yes and no

go to where your ECU is unplus socket A and those pins i listed above check to see if any power is going to the solenoid. don't start it just put it on ACC where the brake lights and CEL and everything lights up. check for continuity and if you get something its a short and reground it. easy to check.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Well I maneged to get a jack up under my car, and the problem was the cable.The pin that holds the cable to the shifting sprocket had fallen out.So now im back up and running, thanks for your gouys' help

Comment

lol.. yeah alwys start with the easiest possible solution and go from there.... so you don't mess up more than what already is
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

i have extra tranny sensors if any one needs them
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

While we are on the tranny subject, what if you were to get bigger and or better solenoids?Would this make it shift faster?

Comment

No.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X