Radiator Fan comes on while Driving .. BUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator Fan comes on while Driving .. BUT

it's not coming on after the car has been shut off ..

I searched the forum, but it appears that most common problems are the fans staying on lol.
    I've noticed in the past while driving around alot, and after comin home, the fan would kick in.
    I smoked a ciggie butt, and read my mail .. after turnin the car off, and .. no fan ..

Whats up .. any idea's?

A Hui Hou !!!
    Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

i think it only comes on when and if the engine really is hot...

if thats not the case, you could try switching Cooling Fan Timer Modules...pm me if u want one...i have a bunch just laying around. From honda, these things are like 200bux...crazy

-OEM radiator timer module
    DEVOTE

Comment

OMG .. thats a lil pricey .. ouch!

Funny tho .. I used to notice it alot when I'd walk to the mailbox after comin home
      and before I could get back to the car to get inside the house .. it would wrrr on ..

Now .. it seems like it simply doesnt come on at all ..
      And I drove around and had to make like 4 stops in 25 miles, in 90* heat .. lol

Thanks tho man .. whuddya want for one a them there Cooling Fan Timer Modules?

A Hui Hou !!!
      Tomi

Comment

Most definitely expensive... but better to get now than risk having overheating issues later. I had this replaced last year, and cost about the same.

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

I might need one too, it seem my cooling fan is trying to run it spin for less then a sec then stop and keep doing that. I also hear clicking noise from the engine bay fuse box, it coming from the fan relay black fuse thing. I have swap the relay with another on next to it( same rating and type) and it still clicking and not turning on the fan completely. OH SOmetime the Fan will come on and stay running for a bit. I have my AC runing when driving and current temp is around 95 degree.

How much for one of those "timer modules" ship to 21045??

Originally posted by lokuputha
          i think it only comes on when and if the engine really is hot...

if thats not the case, you could try switching Cooling Fan Timer Modules...pm me if u want one...i have a bunch just laying around. From honda, these things are like 200bux...crazy

-OEM radiator timer module
          90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
          < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

If engine temps and everything is fine dont worry about it. Mine turns on when im driving but turns off when I turn on the car doesnt worry me. As long as your functions work your good. Usually after a good day of hard driving I let my car idle for a few min when I get home.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Thanks Nail .. yeah, I guess after doin the timing belt .. and adding new coolant
              it's stayin cooler .. I do feel the rpm (and see the gauge) drop and can kina hear
              the fan come on while I'm driving .. jus sorta puzzled why it was'nt comin on after
              like it always did before .. and my temp gauge is right where it's always been ..
              hardly ever gets to half .. mostly just before that point ..

She's runnin smooth and great tho .. life is good ..
              Thanks for chimin in ..

A Hui Hou !!!
              Tomi

Comment

My car doesnt over heat and I have never seen the fans turn on. Is something wrong with mine ?

Comment

your car is fine. the cooling fan only kicks on when ur coolant switch "B" reads temperatures of 250( i think, might be 260) degrees or more AND when the car is turned off. the other coolant switch "A" kicks the fans on when temps reach 180+ while car is running.

its basically just a safety precaution....especially since temps rise when the car isnt moving or getting any airflow, obviously. lol

i may be off with the numbers, but thats how it works. dont sweat it man!
                  F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                  Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

This might be a stupid question... But what if the module that switches the fans on at those temperatures is broken. So when your car is parked it is actually getting too hot, and you can't tell b/c you have left it outside. Just a thought, I sure wouldn't want my car parked over heating.
                    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

those timers dont usually go bad, from what i hear. lol if its turning on while driving then its working.
                      F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                      Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Okay that makes sense. I would hate to be that 1 in 1 million with the bad timer. hahah. Sorry, not trying to scare anyone.
                        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Working...
                        X