h22a and the auto tensioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a and the auto tensioner

Okay my question is, is the manual tensioner really necessary? Has anyone had bad experiences with their swap having an auto tensioner and it just broke? I can't seem to get the crankshaft pulley off to change the t-belt, so will keeping an auto tensioner be fine? I dont floor it off every red light, maybe 3 or 4 times in a fill up of 14 gallons.

there was a thread about it. nobody i ever heard has had one brake, that i know of or heard of on these fourms.

it more for modifyed h22 that go over the 200hp.
    if you put mods on the h or take it to the track/race then you should replace it but , for normal driving conditions it will be fine.
    FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
    My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

If you only do that keep the auto tensioner but buy a new one. Dont reuse auto tensioners. Its just a safety thing.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Get that pulley off. It's so much easier to replace the belts and tensioner when engine is out of car. Don't take chances with your investment.

My swap thread
        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

actually when i did my swap a couple months ago, i replaced everything but the auto tensioner. i figured, what are the odds of it being bad on a supposedly low mileage engine??

but when i fired her up & after some driving...there was a slight flapping noise at about 1500-2000 rpms. put in a new one and the noise went away.

coulda been from taking it out to do the t-belts and messing with it to try keeping it compressed..... who knows, BUT

lesson learned.

always replace EVERYTHING while the engine is out!! hahaha. cutting corners will cause more work later. thank god thats the only think i skipped out on.
          Last edited by SMseagren83; 06-26-2007, 09:44 PM.
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Working...
          X