hesitates and hisses(higher rpm's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hesitates and hisses(higher rpm's)

Right now my car is having two problems that are furstrating me and need some input on.

Problem #1
    This is the more problamatic and confusing of the two. From time to time the car will randomly act sluggish and feels as if the car is pulling back power ( such as when you get a CEL for ur K/S). I have no CEL of any kind and the problem will disappear just as fast as it appeared. Also, if this helps any, if im doing a WOT run, when shifting into third gear the rpms like to bounce at the vtec crossover point for alittle bit as if im hitting a limiter and will just continue to climb in the rpms.

Any takers or is this too broad of a description?

Problem #2
    this problem also happens time to time but I feel as if it may be an exhaust leak

Whenever I do a WOT run, once I reach alittle over 4500 rpms, there is a loud hissing that kicks in. Sometimes it is non existent, sometimes its noticeable, and than other times it is flat out loud ( the hissing).

Can this be an exhaust leak although it is not consistent?

Thanks for any help in advance, these problems have been bothering me for alittle while and any help is really appreicated

anybody

Comment

The first problem sounds like an ignition timing problem. Do you have an MSD amp or anything like that? How's your cap, rotor, and wires,

The second problem will be harder, but in all honesty I've never heard an exahsut leak sound like hissing. Normally a vacum leak sounds like hissing or whistling. Look over all your vacum lines, and etc. to make sure their ok. A vacum leak could help contribute symptoms to your first problem.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

^^He covered most of it but an exhaust leak can cause some hissing depending on how big the opening and such. We experienced that with a v6 accord there was a small leak at the flange. So can you jump the code and see what it throws if its just a temporary? Where do you hear the hissing? Can you hear it in the engine bay other than sitting in the car?

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

the igniter can cause for the rpm to jump and at times, shudder and judder or act like a miss.
          The beginning of a new era............................
          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
            The first problem sounds like an ignition timing problem. Do you have an MSD amp or anything like that? How's your cap, rotor, and wires,

The second problem will be harder, but in all honesty I've never heard an exahsut leak sound like hissing. Normally a vacum leak sounds like hissing or whistling. Look over all your vacum lines, and etc. to make sure their ok. A vacum leak could help contribute symptoms to your first problem.
            I do not have an MSD amp or anything like that.

cap, rotor, and wires checked out last time I looked but i'll give it another shot and see what it looks like this time.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              ^^He covered most of it but an exhaust leak can cause some hissing depending on how big the opening and such. We experienced that with a v6 accord there was a small leak at the flange. So can you jump the code and see what it throws if its just a temporary? Where do you hear the hissing? Can you hear it in the engine bay other than sitting in the car?

I can only really hear the hissing when im getting on it higher in the RPM's (4500 and above) and it does sound like its coming from within the engine bay. Doesn't happen when im in neutral and rev it up that high, maybe cause theres no load

Comment

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7
                I do not have an MSD amp or anything like that.

cap, rotor, and wires checked out last time I looked but i'll give it another shot and see what it looks like this time.
                cap rotor and plugs bad will give a no start. but new parts will be great.
                The beginning of a new era............................
                165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

if a wire is bad and the spark jumping to ground that's not good, like someone else mentioned before an ignitor going bad can cause the irractic misses and rpm bouncing. I would focus on that since you have no MSD. That's why I asked, sometimes those MSD's create feedback or if you run the cables to close together cause interference which will mimic your symptoms but since you doing have it a faulty ignitor or pick-up coil is the next place I'd look after the obvious, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, etc.
                  My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well im just gonna go ahead and buy another dizzy and see if that helps any.

The only problem im having is that i'd like to get a new one from honda but there H22 dizzys are externally coiled.

For the time being, I'd like to just stick with my internal coil dizzy so is there another dizzy out thier that is inerchangeable with the h22 so that I can go ahead and buy honda dizzy instead of going aftermarket.

Thanks to all the respnders in advance

Comment

anybody

Comment

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well im just gonna go ahead and buy another dizzy and see if that helps any.

The only problem im having is that i'd like to get a new one from honda but there H22 dizzys are externally coiled.

For the time being, I'd like to just stick with my internal coil dizzy so is there another dizzy out thier that is inerchangeable with the h22 so that I can go ahead and buy honda dizzy instead of going aftermarket.

Thanks to all the respnders in advance
                        H23 Dizzy.

Also, I would recommend troubleshooting your existing dizzy first, since there is no guarantee that is the problem, and no guarantee that your new one will be good.

It could be a lot of money down the tubes.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

How the hell are you Jose?!

The hissing/hesitation at higher RPM... does it do it all the time? Back on my first cb7, I could never take it over 4500 or so. It would always somewhat bog, and make annoying sounds. I originally thought that it might have been a clogged catalytic convertor, since that is kinda what it sounded like.

In the end, I replaced the dizzy, and magically I had some power again. I also noticed that my tach would jump around.

Comment

^^^^^
                            With the hissing, it only does it from time to time. I'll double check to see if there aren't any leaks in my exhuast system or any vacum lines missing or anything like that.

Thanks for the info owequitit

Comment

Working...
                            X