engine lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine lag

lately when i am driving sometimes i try to accelerate the engine won't accelerate for a few seconds. the rpms will stay the same and the car will splurte(like someone is pomping the brakes really fast) and then the car will accelerate. it has done this a few times in the past week. this is driving me crazy.

what do u guys think is the problem?
    and if its the spark plug and the spark plug wires>>>> what is the best brand i can buy for $60>> just for the wires?
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

fuk the wires usually they are good.

take out the spark plugs and see how good they are.

could of gotton water in the distribitor or the spark area, i know my car did what u said for a while when i did that.

another girl happend to her, i replaced her sparks but hers just bogged and died.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i haven't done anywork done on the car. if water got to the distributor what should i do about it.

and the spark plug wires have never been changed.

Comment

Change the wires make sure the timing is on point,what kinda octane gas are you currently using? are you shooting any codes,check the sparkplugs make sure they arent all fouled up. Check the distributor I never had my distributor get wet but how wet did you get it?

Comment

well for a while now i have a code 43 which is the O2 sensor. but i always had it and i didn't have any engine lag.

two weeks ago my car overheated. sometimes more than half. then the Hoze that goes into the engine,,, under the distributor gave up. so i had water all over the distributor and tranny.

two days after these my engine started to lag really bad.

today when i drove it its like my car has no torque.
          its like i am driving with my e brakes on or something like that.

its like i am getting engine problems every week now.

Comment

Working...
          X