advance auto clutch master/slave SUCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advance auto clutch master/slave SUCK

It'll be two weeks this tuesday that I installed a clutch master and slave cylenders. I also installed a brake line from them (same make). ALL of which were made in china. But I figure "hey, it has a one year warrenty it can't be that bad".

For the past two weeks it's been dandy untill...

yesterday I noticed the clutch peddle was a bit droopy and the clutch wanted to engadge right off of the floor. I figured there was a little leak in the line somewhere. I poped the hood when I got home to discover that there was no fluid or wetspots anywhere. I didn't think much of it and just said to myself I'll just have to bleed it tomarrow (today). This morning I was about to head off to church only to discover that even with the clutch all the way down the car was moving forword as I was starting. I stoped right there and tried to get a feel of the clutch. sure enough I had nothing untill it was almost halfway down.

luckally my mom was nice enough to lend me her car and we shared her car for the day.

when we arrived back home I had her help me blead the clutch. this actually made it worse and now I feel nothing untill the peddle is almost all the way to the floor

The moral of this story is never buy clutch master/slave cylenders that are made in china. NEVER.
    Buy the ones that are made in japan (from dealer) or remaned to OE specs.

I'm having very negitive thoughts on that brake line that I got there too (same make made in the same place). God forbid that brake line going out on me when I really need it. actually I've noted the brakes react slowly compared to before when I had the old brake line on there. when I had to panic stop recently it took about 1/4-1/2 secound for the brakes to start doing their thing. I'm glad I don't talegate people. I could have ended up with the car in front of me as a hood decoration.

That said I'm going to see if I can bring these parts back and get the real deal from honda. I'm not going to trust any of those crappy parts on the car anymore.

*edit, yeah the car isn't going to be moving for a little while
    Last edited by pwrusr; 06-10-2007, 10:07 PM.
    ~~~~~~~

dang that sucks... i normally do tend to only buy Japanese made parts unless it's somekind of trim piece that won't kill me should it fail.

i refuse to buy anything made in Taiwan though especially electronics wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
      dang that sucks... i normally do tend to only buy Japanese made parts unless it's somekind of trim piece that won't kill me should it fail.

i refuse to buy anything made in Taiwan though especially electronics wise.
      Yeah same here. This is just one of those times where I figured I'd say heck on it and give it a shot. yeah lesson learned, time to move on and replace the parts with the real OE honda parts. I really hope that I can return these parts. otherwise I may be SOL.
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

hey pwrusr u reminder how i use to always buy u why my clutch pedal feel spongy when i have a new clutch.. master and slave cylinder and i have no air in the lines.. well guess what last week my master cylinder and slave wouldn't build pressure for nothing so pedal kept going to the floor.. keep pumping and pumping 2 build pressure nothing.. so i replaced both of them with honda and i must say damn i'm in pressure i could chirp 2nd gear without losing pressure in the clutch pedal.. mind you the master and clutch slave was only 3 month old when i brought it from advanced auto..
        http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

yeah... i never brought remanufactured master and slave clutch cylinder... i went to honda and got those fairly cheap since i knew someone there...

Comment

yeah ive been thru 2 of there slaves in the past 4 days.

total dogshit.
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Got a new master cylender from honda. Works perfectly. I'll go back to honda for the slave if that goes out too...

I'm VERY leary of that brake line so I may get one from honda in a month or so.
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X