Starter Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter Problem?

Hey Guys, I ran a search and my problem seems similar to some situations that people recommend new starters or main relays, but I'm not too sure if thats my problem. A few nights ago after parking my car I noticed a pretty strong (pretty bad) smell, it went away and I didn't think much of it. About 3 hours later the car started up fine and I drove home. However, the next morning when I went to start the car it didn't fire up, the lights on the dash barely came on and the car didn't turn over or anything. I boosted it and let it run for a while and then the car started on it's own when I tried it again a couple of hours later, but after it sat for a few more hours it failed to start again. Thoughts? Thanks.

Well if your boosting it and it starts that eliminates the starter. Hows teh condition of the battery? Doesnt really sound like a main relay problem if you need a boost to get ti running.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

sounds like your battery is getting drained... My G/fs car is the same, but only when I leave the alarm on for too long... even with a new battery it drians the batter in a few days if its left on (i put a inline kill switch on her alarm just for this reason) without starting the car. When the alarm is not gettin power it doesnt drain the battery, when it is, it will drain it in 2 days.

Basicly something is staying on thats not suposed to or you have some bad wiring someplace thats causing a drain.
      I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

^^ Yea definately a bad battery or its being drained
        Post count is not = to experience rating

F22B DOHC

Comment

Working...
        X