fairly newb question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fairly newb question.

k, so heres the deal, i shredded my timing belt, sucks...so i pulled my head, all the valves are fine, so i ordered new tbelt, water pump, auto tensioner, and head gasket, so im up to the point where im putting the new bearings in (part of the tensioner), and im wondering how to release the tension off the old "piston" ...its probably an obvious solution...but i coulndt figure it out tonight... H22 by the way, JDM. thanks guys.

JDMRIDES.ca

new bearings thats part of the auto tensioner?? what the heck? if you bought a NEW auto tensioner from Honda it comes with the necessary tool (clamp tool) to install it...

you cant unbolt the old one and depress it to take it out????? if not...i guess you can try loosening the service bolt on the bottom of the tensioner (which contains the oil).
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

keep us updated

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
        new bearings thats part of the auto tensioner?? what the heck? if you bought a NEW auto tensioner from Honda it comes with the necessary tool (clamp tool) to install it...

you cant unbolt the old one and depress it to take it out????? if not...i guess you can try loosening the service bolt on the bottom of the tensioner (which contains the oil).
        got stupid and ordered aftermarket tensioner, went to honda today and ordered OEM tensioner, will be here tomorrow, life shall then be grand.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Just a question but why didnt you just go manual?

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

my guess is he didnt know or OEM foo!

Comment

i put the manual on my h22 before i dropped her in,, it was fairly easy to do,, i was lucky and had an h23 just sitting around though.. maybe you should send both tensioners back and buy this cheap one,, it really doesn't caust that much and will save this headache +++ some in the future
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

im gonna keep the auto tensioner for now, just for one less problem to worry about at the moment...cars practically 80% new, so ill wait til the next belt to put the manual tensioner in...but for now OEM foo I is.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Working...
                X