Weird Knocking noise Help Please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Knocking noise Help Please!!

ok today i was driving my cb7 each time i hit the gas i heard a little knock noise i was like what the hell but didnt really pay attention to it till i stop 300 yards of more driving at a stop light. as i give it gas it makes a knocking noise like metal on metal and my car is completely gutless you give it some gas it jus bogs like gets deep but not going anywhere. so i got home and put it in neutral and rev it to like 3000 few times to hear the noise and still sounds like metal on metal...Can anyone help me i've never had this problem with my car and im only 16 so some experienced people please help
    Thanks!
    Project EX Coupe Coming Soon...
    ..::Built not Bought::..

umm, maybe a rod knock. drain your oil and strain it to see if you get some metal particles from you oil. good luck.
    The beginning of a new era............................
    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

how bad is a rob knocking? like is my motor toast or what? i kno nothing about robs and stuff.

Comment

ROD KNOCK. most likely your rod bearings on the block are toasted. either lack of oil or maintenance. either way, if it is your rod bearings, and you do not know stuff about cars mechanically, my suggestion is to get a new motor.

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
          ROD KNOCK. most likely your rod bearings on the block are toasted. either lack of oil or maintenance. either way, if it is your rod bearings, and you do not know stuff about cars mechanically, my suggestion is to get a new motor.
          haha i know about cars but not much about rods and stuff smart one like i said. Just looking for help not for someone to criticize me. i have a 92 jdm h22 thank you.

Comment

I wasn't trying to criticize you at all. it was a question that I had to ask before I can give more advice. sorry if you took it the wrong way. but I guess if you do still need any advice, let me know.

Comment

I wasn't trying to criticize you at all. it was a question that I had to ask before I can give more advice. sorry if you took it the wrong way. but I guess if you do still need any advice, let me know.
              heh i dont know im just gonna load it on are flat bed tommrow and haul it to our shop i guess and take the head apart and see whats going on. cause i think its better then guessing.

Comment

drain your oil first and strain it to see if there are any metal particles before you go tearing anything apart. If the rod bearings did take a crap, you WILL have metal particles.

Comment

drain your oil first and strain it to see if there are any metal particles before you go tearing anything apart. If the rod bearings did take a crap, you WILL have metal particles.
                  ok sounds good. kinda sucks tho i just did a full syntheic oil change bout a month ago 60 bucks down the drain =( o'well but yea thats for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh26
                    ok sounds good. kinda sucks tho i just did a full syntheic oil change bout a month ago 60 bucks down the drain =( o'well but yea thats for the help.

yea but it's all for the better. Oil is not much a prob if you already changed it and will have to change again...that's being on the right track, but the rod knocking...that might be a bit more of a pain in the ass...idk haven't had this prob.....yet. Hope i never will. But GL bro

*Needs*
                    -New shocks
                    -Struts
                    -Drop
                    -Cleaning
                    -New Tires/Wheels
                    -New Window Tint
                    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by Josh26
                      heh i dont know im just gonna load it on are flat bed tommrow and haul it to our shop i guess and take the head apart and see whats going on. cause i think its better then guessing.
                      you are not going to see anything by taking the head apart...the bearings are in the bottom end..

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

I was just thinking today at work, leave your engine running at idle and take a look at the crank pulley. It may be the culprit. if there are a lot of movement, that may be the problem.

Comment

is it 5 speed or auto?...if its 5speed check ur flywheel bolts...

Comment

Working...
                          X