H22A annoying starting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A annoying starting problem

I have searched and read through many h22a starting threads and nothing seems too match what I have going on. First off it does not matter what temperature it is outside or what operating temperature the motor is Hot or Cold however if previously run within lets say the last 10 minutes it usually won't occur but not always. Heres the skinny, When you turn the key to the ign position the check eng light comes on briefly then goes off and you can hear the whirring of the fuel pump building up pressure. Crank the engine and it will just crank and crank and crank never starting. If you stop cranking and try to restart it it will immediately always start on the second attempt. I really don't think it is a main relay as the check engine light always comes on as it should and the fuel pump always runs. Any ideas or anyone else experiencing these symptoms?

You check if your gettin a strong spark? Doesnt sound like a main relay issue if your fuel pump is priming.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

see if the solder points on your igntion switch are splitting there was a recall on the preludes for that
      -95 JDM H22 LSD-
      -HYTECH Header-
      -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

Working...
      X