steering wheel shake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering wheel shake

ok, lately i been noticing that when braking, the steering wheel kinda rattles a bit, no more than a month or two ago i got all tie rods(inner/outer) and upper balljoint replaced.

i put the car up on the lift and the wheel has a lil play left and right....

could it be just wheel bearings?...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

if the wheel has play then the wheel bearings are bad and it might be the cause of the shaking when braking but also while your at check the rotors to see if there warped or real thin if they are then thats also the cause of the steering wheel shake

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
    "2SIIC"
    Authentic Jerseys for sale
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

i've never changed or serviced my wheel bearings so i'm pretty sure that's it, the rotors don't really seem bad at all...

My Ride thread
      Flickr
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

when cheking the wheel bearings you moved the wheels right to left? Im 90% sure that you need to move the top and bottom of the wheel in and out to see if you have play, but if your steering wheel shakes while braking you rotos are worped..

Comment

x3 on warped roters....

thanks to phempa for teh sig!

Comment

Or its cuz you need new tires. My car was like that until I changed my tires. So see how much thread you have left on them

Comment

double check everything like the brakes rotors and wheel bearing so you wont fix th wrong problem

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
              "2SIIC"
              Authentic Jerseys for sale
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

fuck all that mayne...fix em both...just so you have a peace of mind!

replace the wheel bearings , rotors and pads.....

thats what I would do....even if its not the wheel bearings or brakes...look at it in this light...you have new parts on your cb7!

NOTE: I've recently been MAKING UP excuses just to change out parts to NEW ones...so I can have NEW parts on my car...so I can prevent a future headache....at the WRONG time! ( hence ) what happend to my girl..my daughter and me...( stuck on the freeway because of her fuel pump )

Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 05-16-2007, 11:21 AM.
                92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
                  fuck all that mayne...fix em both...just so you have a peace of mind!

replace the wheel bearings , rotors and pads.....

thats what I would do....even if its not the wheel bearings or brakes...look at it in this light...you have new parts on your cb7!

NOTE: I've recently been MAKING UP excuses just to change out parts to NEW ones...so I can have NEW parts on my car...so I can prevent a future headache....at the WRONG time! ( hence ) what happend to my girl..my daughter and me...( stuck on the freeway because of her fuel pump )

that's actually my plan, i haven't gotten a chance to take a look at it cuz i've been so busy with the head and school work(electrical ) i'll try to chk things out tomorrow and let ya'll know what the REAL problem is

My Ride thread
                  Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
                    that's actually my plan, i haven't gotten a chance to take a look at it cuz i've been so busy with the head and school work(electrical ) i'll try to chk things out tomorrow and let ya'll know what the REAL problem is
                    99.9% on brake rotors. If you've never done the wheel bearings, you should, there a pain in the butt. The rotors on this car are captured, so if you do one you might as well do the other. Either way...follow?

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Wheel Bearing you need to put your hands in the 12 o clock/ 6 o clock position and push pull motion see if it moves. It shouldnt have any play. If you get play side to side it can be related to tie rod ends, bushings all those in the general area.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

see i have no play at all in those directions, just a tid bit of play left to right. and like i said, it's been less than 2 months since i installed new balljoints, new tierod ends, and the Energy Suspension kit....

My Ride thread
                        Flickr

Comment

I had the same problem, changed my rotors yesterday and it went away. You cant really see a warped rotor. It may look fine but might not be. Like what was said. Change bearings and rotrs one time if you have to pay for pressing. Chill
                          FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                          Pm meX
                          I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                          H22A Swap
                          I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Working...
                          X