master brake cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

master brake cylinder

ok si a while back i did change my master brake cilinder. i tryed to bleed the air out. well the car will stop only if i push the brake pedale all the way in the end. if i do press it all the way in the end i will stop the car. i was getting anoyed on why is it doing that, eventhough i did bleed the air out.

one week ago i changed a brake line. since i was there i tryed to beed the system again.
    needless to say that after 2 hours and 3 big bottles of brake fluid its still the same. the car won't stop till i press the brake pedale to the end.
    when the car is off and i push the brake pedal, that won't get hard as it does iwth my other accord.

the way i do to bleed the system is that i open all the little bolt things at the wheels. let it bleed for a little bit while adding brake fluid. then i start closing up the brake valves from the furtherst one and end up to the closest one to the brake master cilinder.

am i doing anythign wrong with this?
    any suggestions?

help me out guys. this thing i getting me pissed off.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Gravity bleeding takes a long ass time to get air out. Do the foot pumping method. If your doing it solo buy a pump shit works wonders and helps bleeding faster.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

would be much easier if you had a partner.

1. pump the brakes couple of times to push air through
      2. push and hold the brakes down.(tip: while the pedal is being held down you can can feel it releacing as you bleed)
      3 you bleed it, tighten, and repeat until your brakes feels good like it suppose to be.

Comment

also try to to this method one tire at a time, and repeat if neccesary..

Comment

Just take it to some service station and have them power bleed it. And check your BMC install. You might have screwed something up...just a thought!

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

hold up. should i open the one valve at one time or open all of them in the same time and then push the brake.
            i don't understand it when you say to hold the brake pedale down<<< what should i do in the mean time?
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

I Just Did My Bmc And Im Havin The Same Problem And It Makes A Thunk Sound When It Is Pressed To A Certain Point

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Working...
              X