I think my ECU is Fried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my ECU is Fried

Yeah so I replaced the TPS today and it still isnt working so i start checking the voltage and i am getting nothing so i decide to test my theory and bypass the wires well when we hook up the wires i learn there is a short in the system about 2 seconds too late the car dies. so i start checking fuses and all the fuses are good we can smell the fuel in the motor so we check the spark and it isnt getting anything we then switch to a f22 ecu which i know wont start it but it does get spark then. so my theory is the ECU is shot. any ideas? opinions, negative remarks?

Borrow another p13 and see what happens.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

actually its a chipped p28 and i am the only one around here i know of running an h22 now. great huh? lol

Comment

well from personal experience with my car . the f22 wouldnt turn on and well long story short i wasnt getting spark either. I had the ignitor replace on an external coil dizzy. I dunno if that applies to jdm h22's or internal external just a thought.

Comment

IT could just be a bad burn on the p28.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

naw everything was runnign good till i started trying to fix my TPS and bypassed some wires then it shorted out

Comment

Well that would do it. I think you can use a stock pt6 and the car will idle a bit. But I wouldnt run it with it.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

its all good i sent payment for a chipped P28 from phearable.net just a little while ago it will be here wensday morning hopefully i will also be completely removing my egine wiring harness so i can clean up all the wires and make sure none are cut or broken. My guess is when we put the motor back in the last time some wires may have ben cut or torn loose. once the wiring is addressed and the TPS is working properly and my new ECU is installed i will start installing my ZEX nitrous kit that i purchased this past weekend.

so i have a busy week ahead of me

Comment

Make sure you get that chip tuned from phearable. I hear there maps run pig rich.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

thanks for the advice ill be spraying too so rich might be a good thing

Comment

Ummm. rule of thumb. Never mess with the TPS...its the one sensor on the car you should never fuck with...and the ABS and SRS sensors.. I guess. Did you replace the whole throttle body or just the sensor. Those sensors are calibrated specifically to the throttle plate and if you just pop it out and install another one, you've fucked yourself. Sorry man...I almost did the same thing on my car, but another tech stopped me and was like "WTF are you doing?!?!"

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Originally posted by oranger
                        Ummm. rule of thumb. Never mess with the TPS...its the one sensor on the car you should never fuck with...and the ABS and SRS sensors.. I guess. Did you replace the whole throttle body or just the sensor. Those sensors are calibrated specifically to the throttle plate and if you just pop it out and install another one, you've fucked yourself. Sorry man...I almost did the same thing on my car, but another tech stopped me and was like "WTF are you doing?!?!"
                        What are you talking about... You can fuck around with a TPS if you have a volt meter. Other sensors can be diagnosed if you know what your doing...If you dont then dont touch them that simple.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah you can set the TPS with a volt meter. my TPS was smashed on accident while reinstalling the engine so i changed it and tryed to set it but i was getting no reading so i started snooping around and learned the hard way that i have a short in my wiring harness somewhere. I have to get the TPS fixed before i can spray since the control unit for the spray is controlled by the TPS.

Comment

Dont some kits come with a switch on the pedal also?

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah you can activate Nitrous in many ways ... push button, throttle position, RPM activated, accelerator activated, and so on so on. but since the ZEX kit comes with a control unit that hooks to the TPS so that it activates on throttle position and also controls the nitrous during lean and rich situations i want to hook it up that way to spray as safely as possible

Comment

Working...
                              X