R134a retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R134a retrofit

I recently did an R134a retrofit on my A/c.I changed the receiver dryer,caps,and am going to evacuate the whole system.My question is how much oz of R134a refrigerant should I use? Also is taking the old R12 mineral oil out of the compressor really that important because I am going to be using the Ester oil?
    Project EP hatch on the way

Yes mix them up and you get gunk build up like my ac system now. Shit will turn yellowish green and clog up pipes. Be sure to pull a damn good vacuum on it. The longer the better.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

X2.
      The beginning of a new era............................
      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Quick question. My A/C was dead dry, so I went ahead and just added R134A to it, didn't remove the R12 because there was nothing left. I drilled out the low pressure fitting because the pin was broken, the pin that when pressed down vents out the freon. Some of the shavings from when I drilled out the fitting went into the A/C pipes. Could this mess anything up besides my compressor?

I half-assed the job because I only need the AC to work for this summer, then I'm tossing the entire system. The system is sealed right, so if it does get damaged from the shavings, no other parts of my car will right?

Comment

Working...
        X