Quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question

Is it necesarily bad to start your car and move/drive it almost immediately without letting it "warm up" or sit at idle? If it isnt, how many ppl do it?

I feel like, whenever i start my car and move it or drive it immediately, that im somehow hurting it by not not letting it come to idle So everytime i have to re-arrange the driveway or just start it real quick, i end up sitting and waiting until it comes to idle. Am I weird or crazy??

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

I let mine warm up before I take off....i let the Oil pressure build up...let the coolant get warm...let the oil get through everything....cam bearings...cylinder walls...crank hole to the bearings...etc..etc.

I NEVER take off on a cold engine..thats one of the FASTEST ways to fuck up your engine!...

but no..if you do what I do...then you're not crazy...if indeed you let it warm up and come to idle...you're just baby'n your CB7..and taking care of it! thats all

( more friction and wear because of lack of lube between the walls and piston rings ) on a cold engine!
    92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

i've always done that, let the engine run for a bit for the oil pressure to build up a bit but during the winter time, i always come out and warm up the car/truck till the heater is hot.

Comment

I let the engine idle for a minute or so then I am off. If its colder Ill let the engine warm up a bit more. Even when I go I shift early. The only time I see its bad is ragging on it when its cold. I have seen some people do that not too healthy for the motor.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Cool Beans

Now i dont feel so weird, lol. If i dont let the temp gauge get to half way, i at least let it get down to like 850rpm. Thanks guys!

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Yeah I would say only let it idle for a minute or two, unless its like -20 which is really common here in Ottawa in the winter then I let it idle so my balls dont fall off when I get in the car

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22
            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

you should let it warm up cause by starting it up than move'n RIGHT after your force'n the engine...plus you find yourself putting more presure on the gas for it to move....plus the car can cut off after you move it from a fast start...

Comment

Working...
              X