gauge problem -- max gas/temp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gauge problem -- max gas/temp!

okay, so i was doing the leds on the gauge, the needles don't show, but i'll get that fixed. anyways, the fuel and temperature gauge stay up! it's not working normally, and we didn't do shit to them when we removed it... help please?
    Last edited by nostringz; 05-04-2007, 02:40 PM.

Be Clean

do our car's gauges have calibration checking feature?

bump

Be Clean

Comment

ooOOoo you Took off the needles didnt you. If you didnt take them off right you can fuck them up and that equals new gauge cluster. Or you messed something up reinstalling and our cars have no calibration feature to my knowledge.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        ooOOoo you Took off the needles didnt you. If you didnt take them off right you can fuck them up and that equals new gauge cluster. Or you messed something up reinstalling and our cars have no calibration feature to my knowledge.
        You aren't supposed to remove them period. Once they are removed, its all over.

Comment

nah i just removed the faceplate... i didn't touch the needles, my cousin did it to his supra when he was in highschool like a long time ago, so we know not to do that...

i'm thinking the led strip is caught on the fuel gauge...

Fuel stays up the whole time... Temp gauge goes down when car's off, and back up when car's on

Be Clean

Comment

I had the same thing happen the first time I dismantled a set of gauges. I over tightened the screws holding the gauge on and F'ed it up. had to replace them all together.

Comment

Originally posted by nostringz
              nah i just removed the faceplate... i didn't touch the needles, my cousin did it to his supra when he was in highschool like a long time ago, so we know not to do that...

i'm thinking the led strip is caught on the fuel gauge...

Fuel stays up the whole time... Temp gauge goes down when car's off, and back up when car's on
              Its done. I learned this from experience. There is no way to fix them.

Comment

oh crap... so if i loosen it, it still might not work!?

Be Clean

Comment

oh crap... so if i loosen it, it still might not work!?
                  Once it does that it means they were fubar'ed in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
                    Once it does that it means they were fubar'ed in some way.
                    whats fubar'ed?

can it be fixed? i doubt it was tightened too tight. the other gauges were tightened at exact tightness with electric screwdriver, it was on the lowest torque setting...

Be Clean

Comment

whats fubar'ed?

can it be fixed? i doubt it was tightened too tight. the other gauges were tightened at exact tightness with electric screwdriver, it was on the lowest torque setting...
                      Fubar is F'ed up beyond all recognition.

It cannot be fixed at all. The needles lost contact somehow, and you definitely need to source parts from a new cluster. Also make sure the cluster comes out the same year car as yours.

Comment

and if you disassemble the new set I would HIGHLY reccomend NOT using an electric screw driver. I have found that if you tighten them by hand until the lock washer just seats and becomes even with itself, typically there are no problems

Comment

the electric we used, had a torque setting, so it stopped at a torque consistently ~every time. it worked for the other two gauges...

Be Clean

Comment

Working...
                          X