rattle rattle rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rattle rattle rattle

when the car is warmed up, i hear a loud rattle from what seems to be around or even inside the catalytic converter. the cat is OEM. it isn't a constant rattle, but it is MOST noticeable when i let off the throttle, but not 100% of the time. when i had my cat-back installed, the heatshield has since been removed. i've gone under the car twice now and can find a damn thing loose or noisy when i bang on it. anyone have any idea what it could be?

i used to have a simliar prob when i first got my car, when i was at a stop my car would rattle like crazy, turned out to be the engine mounts

Member Ride Facebook
    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
    For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
      i used to have a simliar prob when i first got my car, when i was at a stop my car would rattle like crazy, turned out to be the engine mounts

it doesnt rattle at a stop though, only when i let off the throttle, and slow down. at a stop, the car sounds normal

Comment

Check your heat shield.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

depending on how old the catalytic converter is, it could very well be the inside of it falling apart and rattling around....it happens when cats get really old. also it could be rocks on the under engine crossbeam AND rocks caught in the heat shield.
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

im just going to get a Carsound cat and hope for the best

Comment

Hmmm...My girl's CB7 is doing that....but hers is at a stop....rattle-rattle-rattle-rattle..until you take off or put it in Neutral...

i assume its the DP..being the previous owner did some hack work to it...added a solid instead of flex...so I assume being its solid..its making the exhaust tap the underbody heatshields...I ASSUME!

I will check this out...and come back to try and colaborate tanNn2koo

NOTE: tomorrow...shes at work right now!..and she wont be back til 9pm ....so I will check it out tomorrow morning..and let you know!

see if we can fix YOUR rattling problem!
              92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
              My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
                Hmmm...My girl's CB7 is doing that....but hers is at a stop....rattle-rattle-rattle-rattle..until you take off or put it in Neutral...

i assume its the DP..being the previous owner did some hack work to it...added a solid instead of flex...so I assume being its solid..its making the exhaust tap the underbody heatshields...I ASSUME!

I will check this out...and come back to try and colaborate tanNn2koo

NOTE: tomorrow...shes at work right now!..and she wont be back til 9pm ....so I will check it out tomorrow morning..and let you know!

see if we can fix YOUR rattling problem!

before i had the cat-back installed, my heat shield came loose and rattled at stoplights. now, with the heat shield gone, i can't figure out what is causing the rattle. i will be going under the car yet again to look it over before getting a new cat

Comment

^^ YAWN ....its 7:58am...anyhoo...checked her DP on her CB7 TanNn2koo...and yup...thats what causing her rattling!..but in your case... check your hangers!!!

Oh yeah... did you use any kind of exhaust clamps??? by any chance? if you did...check those THOROUGHLY!!

Before my girl got into a CB7 she drove a 1988 Plymouth Reliant Wagon...and I did her exhaust from the axle back..and after I did it...I kept hearing a ting-ting-ting-ting...like a penny in a tin cup type noise...looked under the car..and it was an OLD clamp Loose, hanging off the midpipe. ...and it was causing that tinging noise...so it could be something soooo tideous that you're overlooking!

overlook all your hangers and bolts!

keep me posted!
                  92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                  My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
                    ^^ YAWN ....its 7:58am...anyhoo...checked her DP on her CB7 TanNn2koo...and yup...thats what causing her rattling!..but in your case... check your hangers!!!

Oh yeah... did you use any kind of exhaust clamps??? by any chance? if you did...check those THOROUGHLY!!

Before my girl got into a CB7 she drove a 1988 Plymouth Reliant Wagon...and I did her exhaust from the axle back..and after I did it...I kept hearing a ting-ting-ting-ting...like a penny in a tin cup type noise...looked under the car..and it was an OLD clamp Loose, hanging off the midpipe. ...and it was causing that tinging noise...so it could be something soooo tideous that you're overlooking!

overlook all your hangers and bolts!

keep me posted!

nah no clamps, everything was welded. i'll check it in an hour or so, after i get my endlinks done

Comment

more like a little buzzin noise right.. mine does it. its the parts inside the cat rocking around....
                      http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

Working...
                      X