ANOTHER car wont start thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow1
    i just want to make sure b/c i dont want to go spend like $50 on a main relay and find out its not the problem.

i keep hearing peope say main relay. whats funny is that i had a woman who look at my car the other night say its b/c i have air in my combustion chamber. lmao.

anyways. main relay? anyone know how much one would cost? i know its not no $50. its more i think.
    Hi Terrence If it is the main relay, instead of buying a new one, why dont you just sodder the old points? That is what Kenny did to my car. I started it up to go to work and it just died, and then it wouldnt start at all. It would turn over but it wouldnt catch. Someone, I can't remember who, told him to sodder the points and she has been runnin ever since.....
    Last edited by MY_1st_90CB7; 05-04-2007, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Ok...Im at the same point as Shadow 1.... Our 91 coupe tries to turn over but wont'. Found it to have wrong relay in it (RZ-0132 that's for a civic) and needed RZ-0088. I think the guys are right in saying "check or replace the relay" I also changed the distributor twice, thinking it was the culprit. Hey Shadow, in a few days I should have one from a member here and I'll put it in and tell you if it started up. If needed, I know another member who is cool and got one if you need. Price wise it will be affordable. Hope I didn't jack this and upset the moderator and helped you.

The "other" shadow

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
      New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
      My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

OK...to narrow this down....T-man...Yo...resolder your MFR...and check your FPR...

if you're not getting enough fuel...check that and your filter

to eliminate things...just do a detailed tune-up!...( plugs..wires...cap..rotor..etc..etc )

you have already cleaned all the other valves I assumed! but to narrow it down

(MFR.....FPR.. and FF)

do those three...and if indeed still runs rough...run some LUCAS FUEL CLEANER through it...go and fill up...stick that cleaner in it....and let it sit for about 3 hours...drive it for about 45 minutes...so it cleans out the fuel system!

AND...you could also include a SEAFOAM treatment clean out all that carbon in your intake mani!

T.. I sure hope you get it running like it should!
        Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 05-04-2007, 11:19 AM.
        92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
        My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
          thanx for your response man. but i got hondafan to help me and it WAS that module in the distributor. i told hondafan that i went to the junk yard and found a brand new distributor. but due to the fact that it wouldnt come off i just took the parts out of it. but once i replaced those parts its started right up. thanx HondaFan81. and thank you hondajeff. may be late but at least you came in and gave me help.

Oh..^^^ didn't see that post! ^^ so you got it running!!!...NICE

92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:

Comment

how would one know if it is the ignitor and not the coil?
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

(MFR.....FPR.. and FF)

What do they all stand for?

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow
                (MFR.....FPR.. and FF)

What do they all stand for?
                come on are you serious???

JUST KIDDING

( MFR )= Main Fuel Relay

( FPR )= Fuel Pressure Regulator

( FF )= Fuel Filter

sometimes..to cut down ...I just abbreviate the words..

you know...like...

VCG = Valve Cover Gasket
                HG = Head Gasket
                DC = Distributor Cap
                OPG = Oil Pan Gasket

etc..etc
                Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 05-05-2007, 08:53 AM.

MR Thread:

Comment

Hey sorry! Yes I was serious, but had some idea what they were but not the exact names.
                  I thought it was from my experience:
                  MFR -" God dam it's the Mother F'n Relay!"
                  FRP - no idea till now
                  FF - Fuel filter

points for one out of three?

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Working...
                  X