No announcement yet.

Small stuff to gain more HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Iam going to get a good intake first seems like thats the first thing I should do.

Comment

if u want something small and want to go faster, park next to xplodes car..lol u will be super fast, if not t hen try maples car HAHAHAHA

im sorrie i had to say that...

but gosh that makes u fast like a jet!
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

cold air intake you mean obx makes some good ones make sure its a two bracket cold air intake . Its easier access and you may have to bore out the lining inside where the stock factory box hole was so it can fit down there it needs to be widened out a bit for it to fit.

Comment

Yea Iam going to look into those. Right now I got an extra 200$ and I am trying to look for anything decent to get some HP.

Comment

Hey I was looking at some on ebay and Iam not sure what one would be best can you link me to one that will fitthe best for a 1991 Honda Accord Lx? Or if someone has a 91 accord lx what do they have and does it run good? Please try and link me thanks a lot!

Comment

go to ebay and look up obx cold air intakes

Comment

Im sorry to thread jack here but i have been considering a cam upgrade/regrind and i was wonder how much it ended up costing for you guys who went with the regrind? did it cause any driviability problems and overall was the gains worth the money spent?

Comment

$200? Hmmm... Don't bother with a cold air intake. Get the cheapest short ram you can find. It'll give you some power gains, and you'll be able to make more use out of your remaining money. You'll gain more from a cheap intake and something else, than just an expensive intake. As a reference, I paid $200 flat for my AEM CAI... NOT worth it if that's all you're planning on working with now!

From what I've heard about the Delta regrinds, they're great. There are a number of trustworthy, knowledgable people on this board that use them and love them. Contact Delta and ask them what would be best for you. They have different grinds for different applications. Figure out what direction you're going in, and see if they can tailor your grind to that.

With $200, smart shopping, and good research, you can get probably at least 20hp from your car. Crank hp, anyway.

Comment

f that get a CAI on ebay and slap a k & n filter, there thats about 50 bucks... =)

ebay is ur friend
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Thanks People been a lot of help if anybody here is selling any or can hook me up with a exact link will be appreciated but thanks for all the help.

Comment

Just wonderin is this any good? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38634

Comment

Yeah, that looks ok. Keep in mind though that when you get a cold air intake, you'll have to do two things. 1) modify your engine bay where the stock airbox goes into the fender well (where the resonator is)... the hole is too small, and you'll have to cut the metal to get the pipe down there. and 2) be very careful in high water, since having a straw going into a puddle is a very bad thing! AEM's cold air intake has an optional "bypass valve" which can fix that, but the valve itself (which I have yet to buy) is more than that entire intake! $45 or so. Short ram may be your best bet, since the gains offered by a cheap cold air intake won't be noticable different, especially on a fairly stock engine.

Comment

Well is it really hard putting it in Iam fairly new to cars and yea I have a good Idea about how to install it but would you recommend me installing it?

Comment

do it yourself my boy you take one pipe. Connect it onto the throttlebody,tighten down the clamps but not too tight then connect the other tubing onto the one you just connected going down into the firewall area, then bolt on the clamps and tighten them down and your done.

Comment

sounds easy I guess Ill give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                                X