Small stuff to gain more HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small stuff to gain more HP

I was just wondering how can I start off modding my honda to get more HP, While keeping my spenging low, if ya can just throw some shit down with a price.

I think we went over this in previous threads. Use the Search BUTTON!

Well if you dont wanna then i would get

Cat-back Exhaust
    Intake (shortram or cold air)
    hmm i dunno

Just use the Search button

Comment

I did use the search came up nothing. IAm just lookin for cheap ways to get more HP.

Comment

hahah search is sometimes non specific.

well if u want to stay stock then cut a hole in ur intake on the bottom there is a DIY in "diy" area...

ebay intakes....cheap but reasonable

straight pipe, though i dont reconmend

tune up to get ur car going faster normally...which is like cleaning out things like the throttle body, iac, intake system or fuel injector cleaning and sparks.

there is alot of small things u can do, usually a tune up will help

but of course with small things u get small gains.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

turbo

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

One loose your power steering
            Two loose your air conditionar
            Three remove all lines for a/c as well as power steering
            Four remove everything in your trunk
            Five remove your back seat
            Six remove door panels
            Seven buy carbon fiber hood
            Eight buy carbon fiber trunk lid
            Now go on a diet if you are 10 pounds over your suggested weight.
            Nine ENJOY your fast ass accord cause belive it or not weight is a killer
            There you go bro belive me the less weight you have the FASTER you will go.
            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

I spent a total of 130 dollars on a bomz cold air intake and a bomz muffler, and im feeling gains of at least 10 - 15 horsepower (est). You can get both off ebay for cheap and it sounds soo good too.
              ]

Comment

If you want to minimize on loosing luxuries like Midnight mentioned, then I'd go like a Delta 260 camshaft regrind for $85 + shipping. That would be best bang for buck.

You'll need a cam gear with that and possibly a fuel pressure regulator, maybe not.

Read up though and find out these things for yourself. Look into more ways to improve your intake system, then go header & exhaust.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

hahah u wont get 10-15 hp out of an intake but u will get some better hp and some increased torque, around 5 hp.

midnightaccord brought up some good ideas! very cheap too
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                    If you want to minimize on loosing luxuries like Midnight mentioned, then I'd go like a Delta 260 camshaft regrind for $85 + shipping. That would be best bang for buck.

You'll need a cam gear with that and possibly a fuel pressure regulator, maybe not.

Read up though and find out these things for yourself. Look into more ways to improve your intake system, then go header & exhaust.
                    I have a 260 regrind, and it's great, especially w/my whole setup. However, You don't need cam gear w/a regrinded cam. It would help, but not necessary. FPR? Eh, also not needed.
                    My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

NO2 Period

Comment

yup

Comment

Okay, lets get realistic here:

If you really want to know what kind of power your car makes, take it to a dyno. Dyno it every time you get a mod done.

For example: Click here to see my 1993 10AE on a Dynojet
                          It shows real wheel horsepower, not engine horsepower. Anyone can say 'our intake makes 50+ hp for your lawnmower' but its all a bunch of crap. Test it and see the results is the only way to determine how much power a mod makes.

The link in the previous paragraph is a stock CB7 with an F22A1, CAI, Apex WS, 160K, in need of an oil change, on 87 octane gas, and a balance shaft off by two teeth. Timing has since been fixed, bbut has not been retested on a dyno since the timing adjustment.
                          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

ok, so basically that guy is making like 115 @ the wheels, which is pretty sad actually. I tried looking, but couldnt find the link where someone on here had an intake, exhaust, hi flo cat, and AEM pulleys I believe and made around 130-145 @ the wheels and aroudn 140-145 TQ. Anyone remember?
                            My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Some dynos aren't accurate, either... I know a guy who pulled like 215 to the wheels with his H22, and even he says that can't be right. He's got a few mods, but not that many!

I agree that searching for a topic like this won't necessarily give great results. It's a pretty vague question (although a quick flip through the pages would give some answers...)

Anyway, weight reduction would be good, of course. Swapping in a F22A6 intake manifold would also give some gains (can be gotten cheap at a junkyard). Intakes are good, exhaust is good... A header wouldn't be cheap (and NEVER buy a cheap header!) but it would complete the traditional I/H/E setup... I/H/E would give at least 10hp to the wheels, I would think.

The Delta regrind has gotten MANY praises. If you want a camshaft to send to them, I still have my old one in my basement.

You could also go with my philosophy... When it wears out, upgrade! I'm waiting till my stock clutch goes to pop in a new one (and a lightweight flywheel as well... maybe LSD if I can afford it at the time). When you need new sparkplugs, get better than stock replacement ones. Hell, if you can afford it, get a new ignition system (though that won't really add horsepower, but it would help you engine handle mods that DO add power).

Also (and I'll stop writing a novel after this) suspension mods can make the car more fun as well. Taking controlled turns at higher speeds really makes the car feel faster.

Comment

Working...
                              X