Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idling (?) Problem

First, I have a 91 Accord LX

Second, a few weeks ago, maybe a month or two now, I installed the AEM Short Ram Intake.

When I was installing it, the vacuum pipe was the only thing that we weren't sure about, but after reading a little we found it we had to unplug it and plug the hole it came from. Before that, it was plugged into the intake. Just a week ago, we did that. It stopped the idling problem causing the car to just shut off as the RPM's dropped in neutral.

I have noticed the problem is coming back again though. I can notice a similar problem from time to time even in gear, any gear for that matter. It'll feel like the car ran over soemthing or the engine just died for a split second and came back on.

Another thing is now the intake makes more noise like a BOV in a turbo setup even though this is an NA. Is there an air leak?

Oh yeah, when AEM gave it, we were supposed to use the metal attachment they gave and give the intake some support from another spot in the car, but there wasn't any place that made sense to put this bar for support, I think that may be the problem and the intake could just be loose. I'd really appreciate some advice, and if any of you have the short ram intake from AEM, please post some pictures so I can see it

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=intake

check that out.

as for more noise its common cause its free'r air flowing from a cone.

i donno why ur having a idle problem, u seem to have done it right...are u sure u have all the vacumn lines hooked up?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

double post

Comment

Here is a picture:
        http://www.ankitgupta.com/uploader/uploads/vacuum.jpg

I removed the circled line and plugged it with what they gave.

By the link you gave me, I may have done this wrong, but I"m not sure because it's kind of hard to make out from the angle in this picture:

http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/...90Accord11.jpg

Also, third post from the bottom here, I'm kind of confused:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=6837

Could someone explain it with pictures please?

Comment

my isp messed up, sorry
          Last edited by AgaBoogaBoo; 06-02-2004, 06:11 PM.

Comment

my isp messed up, sorry
            Last edited by AgaBoogaBoo; 06-02-2004, 06:12 PM.

Comment

my isp messed up, sorry

Comment

my isp messed up, sorry

Comment

my isp messed up, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=intake

check that out.

as for more noise its common cause its free'r air flowing from a cone.

i donno why ur having a idle problem, u seem to have done it right...are u sure u have all the vacumn lines hooked up?
                    oh yeah, it doesn't always idle wrong, it'll just randomly drop in rpm and then come back up, sometimes the engine will die out and that won't be possible to stay on

Comment

do u have any check engine lights?

check the other vacumn lines and make sure they all have connections, maybe u took out one by mistake. the usual one that some idiots may take out, me hahah, is vacumn hose number 12 which is the MAP and causes the engine to sputter and possibly die out.

check ur lines to see if there is a rip in them...maybe ur problem lies there and not ur intake.
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

check the other vacumn lines and make sure they all have connections, maybe u took out one by mistake. the usual one that some idiots may take out, me hahah, is vacumn hose number 12 which is the MAP and causes the engine to sputter and possibly die out.

check ur lines to see if there is a rip in them...maybe ur problem lies there and not ur intake.
                        Where is vacuum hose #12? any pictures?

Sputtering and possiblying dying out sounds just like my situation. A friend helped me install it, so it may be a problem from that, more details please?

ANd no, no check engine lights

Comment

Where is vacuum hose #12? any pictures?

Sputtering and possiblying dying out sounds just like my situation. A friend helped me install it, so it may be a problem from that, more details please?

Comment

oh yeah, why didn't this happen earlier like right after installing the intake?

Comment

^ bump

Comment

Working...
                              X