Crashed at 80 mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashed at 80 mph

So i got my new suspension on and i wanted to test it out. (Eibach sportlines and Kyb agx's) the thing handled beautifuly around these corners. I then picked up my friend and began to show him how good it handled and i realized i didnt know its limits and i began to push it on a series of turns. all was fine as i was hitting winding turns at 70+ mph when i hit 80 and my freind goes slow down as another car was coming in the opposite lane and the turn began to come so sharp that i couldnt stick it and the car began to slide and i hit the brakes then gas and jerked the steering wheel sending my sliding accord out of the way of the car and pulling it into a 180 which then slide up the curb and onto the sidewalk and into a bush. After the shock that i had crashed kicked in, i sped out of thier and left the scene. I got back and in my friends garage and only my rims were chipped and my doors were bent up at the top so that i could stick my hand down wear the weather proofing seal was. I thought i was screwed but i had managed to bend most of it back in place. however the front driver door has a gap in between the place where it would meet with the back driver door. i think this would be the door hinge but im not sure.. any suggestions>?
    ]

Lets see a pic of the whole thing and not just a closeup of the door.

Thats a mean gap you have there. Sure you didnt warp the whole body with that stunt you pulled?
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

i hope not. i just got it aligned yesterday and it was way way way out of alignment from the crash, but they didnt say anything about it being crashed when they did one of those "heres whats wrong with your car scheme" As of now i cant get a pic till tomorrow but i will get it on as soon as i can. it looks normal on the whole driver side except for that gap in the door.
      ]

Comment

Your very lucky you didnt kill yourself next time do it when noone is there and make sure your suspension is a tad bit more worked than that before you decide to stunt.

Comment

damn dude. that kinda sucks. How did you not get any other damage? Yeah i wanna see some pics of the whole car.

Comment

i can't believe you trashed my yard and bushes like that and then left. i spent like a thousand dollars for landscapers and stuff last week. please transfer $500 into my paypal account and we don't have to involve the police.

Comment

And wear a helmet next time. lol

Comment

i just got home from work and summer school, im about to go take a picture but on a side note i raced i think a 95 civic with a muffler about ten minutes ago. smoked him twice from a roll and from a stop, i smoked him so much i was able to change lanes in front of him and went home oh yeah. i even had my 2 friends in the car.
                Last edited by Turbo Dave; 06-03-2004, 11:35 PM.
                ]

Comment

thats the side that went up the curb aroudn probly like 60 mph
                  Last edited by Turbo Dave; 06-04-2004, 03:46 PM.
                  ]

Comment

Thats fucked up next time hell go slower.

Comment

Damn man, good thing your OK. I used to take turns in my 240Sx at crazy speeds like that.

Comment

You really should learn how to drive if you are gonna take corners like that at 80.
                        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

learn how to drive?! my driving skills saved my life
                          Last edited by Turbo Dave; 06-06-2004, 08:49 PM.
                          ]

Comment

upgrade your suspension or the road will own joo!

Comment

no i doubt your driving skills saved your life. You just got lucky.

Comment

Working...
                              X