Relay Box - What the heck is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relay Box - What the heck is this?

In the engine bay, in the relay box there, there is a 3/4 wire plug in the corner of the box (see illustration).

What the heck is that for? I've gone through the shop manual and can't find any explanation for it.

Mine looks a little fried.
    Attached Files
    Bart: What's your name?
    Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

i THINK that goes to the LOAD detector circut....i forgot whats it called exactly...but as long as ur car still runs with the lights on and the AC on that piece is fine.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Hmm, well that's the thing, my AC doesn't run right now. In the process of troubleshooting. Figured I try the electrical route first before I get sucked into a R134a swap.

Comment

well if ur AC doesnt turn on, well the fan doesnt kick in when u turn it on then ur compressor isnt turning on. usually that is caused by a low level of freon r12 in the system.

it can be a burnt relay or something as well.

but i was talking about earlier that if ur car shut down when u put a load on the engine, like lights on or some high powerd thing like highbeams and or ac and ur car turns off, the load circit needs to be checked...if not then that area is not your problem.

you may just have low freon in your system..u can convert if u want but its nice to check for leaks too.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Really? One thing my car does is whenever something electrical kicks in, like the headlights, bass amp, radiator fan...

The idle stumbles a bit. Just a little dip in RPM and slightly rough.

Doesn't matter the amount of the load, if it's just a window and everything else is off it will do it.

Always recovers quickly and only does it then.

I chalked it up to an old alternator.

Comment

my idle drops too when like my fans go on or might lights are on i dont know what is. might be a bad ground or something.
            cb7 sold
            2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
            95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Working...
            X