weird idle when cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird idle when cold

when i start my car to warm up in the morning the car idles hella weird, as soon as i start it, before pressing the gas, it jumps up and down from like 1.5k to 2.5k, a steady rhythm, up an down, up and down...it does this,up and down shit until i hit the gas real quick then it goes back to steady at around 1-1.5k and warms up.

sometimes when i'm driving too i aint even gotta press the gas and the car stay at the rpm, sometimes even speeding up if my foot is off the gas, then i jus tap the gas and it goes back to normal.

i dont notice it much when its warm tho. =/

EDIT: also it takes forever for my temp gauge to even budge now...it used to heat up quick, now it takes a grip...even when the heater is already blowing out hot air the temp gauge is still all the way at the bottom....with my old cb by time the car had SOME hot air the gauge had at least started moving up.

the gauge eventually heats up to normal and stays normal, doesnt overheat. any ideas?
    Last edited by jboyce; 04-18-2007, 02:19 AM.

Mine does this, I'm pretty sure it's just to warm up the car. You should probably let it warm up first before slamming the gas...
    I assumed it was normal... perhaps it is not?
    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

no my last cb didnt do this, my last one warmed up steadily just at high rpms....now it jumps up and down really fast, sounds like i'm pressin the gas an lettin off hella times.

Comment

this might help you out..

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=iacv

Comment

Working...
        X