oil found on lower iabs gasket on both f20B and h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil found on lower iabs gasket on both f20B and h22

ok like the title says i found oil on both my dohc f20B lower iabs gasket the one on the runners and the h22 lower iabs gasket on the h22 mani i just bought and im wondering if this is normal i didnt think anything of it cause i saw it on both of em and ther both dohc vtec engines

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

i'd say change your PCV valve that's nothing out of the norm though, that's what ppl get Oil CatchCans for

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

ok thanks lol i wasnt too worried cause i saw it on both .....thanks again

1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

yea, i really recommend a catch can though, another way to keep your engine nice and healthy there's even some DIYs on here on how to make your own.... good luck

ps. i have to tell you, i'm REALLY feeling your CB good job

My Ride thread
        Flickr
        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

thanks and now ill be making one cause i want my f20 to live a healthy long life

1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread

Comment

lol there you go keep up the good work

My Ride thread
            Flickr

Comment

agreed...oil catch can is nice. May also tell you if there's a problem (like excessive moisture or blowby).
              I've heard a few people worry that the oil was being a top end lube. But the PCV valve doesn't necessarily vent evenly to all cylinders and there's very little of it (at least on mine), and engine oil isn't the best thing to have in the intake and combustion. I'd rather use something in the fuel for lubing.
              Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Working...
              X