pt3 to pt6 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pt3 to pt6 swap

I have a 91 ex with a transplanted f22a6 engine, I recently installed a Pt6 ecu and, even after clearing, I keep getting the cel codes 13 and 16. The car runs fine when cruising but bogs when accelerating, and acts as if the fuel is cut off when floored from a roll.

I know that Cel 13 is BARO Sensor (Atmospheric Pressure) and Cel 16 is Fuel Injector System, when I switched back to my old pt3 ecu everything returns to normal (minus that egr cel I cant get rid of-but that's for another thread), so I think that either the ECU is bad or the parts on the car are bad.

Do you have to change the fuel pressure regulator, and/or map sensor when changing to the pt6?

Anyone expericened this before? Any advice appreciated

Negative. pt3 to pt6 should be straight forward. The only other pin I have on there is A17 since I had to connect the secondaries on the f22a1.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

X2. I did the same ecu swap and no problems.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

x3 i did the same ECU swap and no problems here. try another PT6

-sean
        Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
        Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

any difference in fpr's?

is a difference of 4 psi something that is noticible? is it enough to bog an engine?

Comment

and thanks for the replys guys, looks like I'm heading to the junkyard.

Comment

that baro sensor cel is usually caused by a bad ecu(the sensor is in the ecu)

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
              X