Idle Still!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle Still!!!!

Ok, when my car is at running temp-I will turn it off and back on, it will idle 1000-1400 jump mabye 5 times, and then steady out at about 1200.When Ijust tap the gas it will to the idle jump about 4 or 5 times and steady out again.It does this every time I touch the gas.

Alright well this is what I have done so far----
    -Cleaned the IACV and it does work I started the car with it off and the idle whent constantly from 1100 to 1200 RPM in a very annoying constant way, and with it on it does the usual 1000-1400 RPM jump.
    -I didnt have the proper grounds at first and the electricity running thru my coolant was 22.-- with the car on. Added a valve cover ground, the one near the power steering, the radiator .Now I get about 2.-- with the car on.I havn't flushed the system, could the rest just be electricity running thru the coolant that needs to be flushed???
    -I have no Exhaust O2 sensor
    -Cleaned the valve just right of the IACV and tightened it down all the way.
    -Sprayed a can of carb cleaner around all the valves on the mani, were it connects to the head, and on the vacumes that connect to the head.

So does any one have any clue on what it could possible be??? Thanks alot for your help!!!
    Last edited by SuperTuner12010; 04-13-2007, 09:53 PM.

Does it do this when you hold the accelerator steady? ?Like at part throttle?

So you checked for vacuum leaks already? IM manifold gasket and all the vacuum lines? u check the throttlebody gasket as well? Can u hear hissing when you rev? no cels?

eliminate in this order

replace your o2 sensor

Throttle cable..see if it sticks

adjust, clean or replaced your fast idle valve

bleed coolant

Fuel pressure test from pump to rail

injector test

flush your coolant

Check your egr system, clean the valve and ports if you have to
    pressure test your cooling system
    Last edited by Fake Thug; 04-14-2007, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
      Does it do this when you hold the accelerator steady? ?Like at part throttle?

So you checked for vacuum leaks already? IM manifold gasket and all the vacuum lines? u check the throttlebody gasket as well? Can u hear hissing when you rev? no cels?

eliminate in this order

replace your o2 sensor

Throttle cable..see if it sticks

adjust, clean or replaced your fast idle valve

Fuel pressure test from pump to rail

injector test

flush your coolant

Check your egr system, clean the valve and ports if you have to
      pressure test your cooling system
      x2 on that list one of those should fix it
      93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

The idle seems blogy when reving it to about 3000RPM and after that it sounds fine, actualy betterthan fine, It sounds like a beast No ehaust after oil pan

Comment

Working...
        X