No announcement yet.

Black smoke on start up ... correct me if i am wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hope you get it fixed i would hate to see something brake on that motor u saved forever to get
    93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

did you get a tune done after swapping ecu's?

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22
      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

the ecu swap was done at a parking lot to see if how it changed the vtec engagement and if it would pick up the cel of the tps because the other ecu was programmed not to read the egr valve and other sensors since the H22 was in a EG (94 civic ex) coupe.After we did a couple of test runs with each others ecu we just kept what we had to begin with. I know the tps is good because it came off my running car and we also took it off another running car of mine to make sure. neither one of them fixed the problem. I can't figure out by just the removal of the engine with no modifications or nothing concerning the motor it would cause something like this because before he had no trouble with the engine just the tranny which is what we replaced. would the egr valve sensor have anything to do with the black smoke at start up ?? it is mind boggling about the tps because it is way out of adjustment. any suggestions would be appreciated !!

Originally posted by Devergote
        A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

CHeck the wires at the plugs of the tps with the key in the on position. See if its reading the right voltage out of each wire. I dont see how a trans swap can mess up something on a tb. Unless something got crimped which i doubt but it wouldnt hurt to check.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

What is tps

Comment

Throttle position sensor.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

since im not throwing a CEL for the EGR im thinking it is due to the TPS since that is what i am throwing a CEL for the original TPS was busted which is why i had to switch the TPS. the EGR connector was also kind of busted up but the pins were unharmed and the connector is still in good shape. i should be picking up a whole H22 manifold with TB and TPS still intact. hopefully that will fix it then im going to order a chipped P28 from phearable.net

and sorry i havent been able to catch up with you much over the past couple of weeks jacob. between work, out of town visitors, and weather it has been horrible. once i get a charger for this new video camera we will get some videos to throw up on here of the T town crew. oh and keep an eye out for a good suspension set up and some bigger wheels through your work for me lol

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  Throttle position sensor.
                  thanks , what are the symtoms if one is gone bad.

Comment

a CEL ... if your TPS is bad it will throw a check engine light

Comment

CEl, Shuttering at the same RPM, bogging, stuck rpm and so on.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                      X