My car's problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car's problems.

I just want to explain my cars problems and hopefully get as much answered if that's possible. None of these have come up with searches and to the rust question, it's a different question. It's only three that I notice.

(can't get an answer in the DIY thread)
    I tightened down the FITV while cold. What is the difference with doing it hot or cold? I notice a tightened accelration pedal and and even worst IDLE!

I tried to loosen it up a bit and all it does I put the flathead in and it just turns the little plunger thing like its clay like its chipped( from previous tightening even worst) Here's THe picture, it's not good but maybe you can notice. Should I just throw on a new one? I had soaked in carb cleaner to clean it. see it alright you see on the right there that white spot.

My car is so wierd. Ok only sometimes, sometimes no rhyme or reason, one person or 4 people, hot or cold day, fast or not, my brake pedal will literally not even be needed to push down to brake, when i left off my gas pedal like to cruise, I start deaccelrating very faster and eventually come to a stop and it smells like crack. The only notice I see is usually when I brake at high speeds at like 60-70 from there on, this starts, were the brakes put back on with not enough room? I got a brand new master cylinder, booster, master cylinder lines and front pads all at the same time for like 600 or whatever it was because my pedal hit the floor and almost everything looked old. Now when I accelerate my car stays at like 2400 rpms just to keep cruising at a good pace of 45. whe nI stop my car the smell is so bad it smells like burnt coke. It seems to be coming from my rotors.

The roughest Idle. I am in this thread http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=Catch and nothing seems to be working + have not tried MAP sensor yet and EGR vavle bolt are like rusted to it, it's too tight and they just strip even when I put the right wrench, I'm going to hvae to bring it to a shop to get it however they take nuts off that are stuck like that.

Now my rust, damnit I forgot to take a pic. IT HAS gone all the way THROUGH. I have a hole the size of a baseball on my right side of my car, the other side isn't as bad. Am I able to just get a whole replacement like of that panel, like from the door to rear bumper that right part of the frame replace, otherwise I'm going to have to like like metal welded and sanded and all that shit bodyworked at a shop am i correct?
    Last edited by 407accord; 04-09-2007, 10:34 PM.
    No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

1. I dont see how your accel pedal got stiffer and such unless you touched something else. The FITV helps cold idle.

2. Your next thing to do is clean the IACV...if that doesnt work then your IACV is bad and you need another unit.

3. Sounds like you got a siezed caliper. The brake pedal goin to the floor would have just been your brake master cylinder. But since your car can come to a complete stop without application of brakes might wanna give the calipers a good look see since it smells too.

4. PB Blaster works wonders.

5. You can make a patch panel for it but you will need to cut that section off.

6. Cleaning the EGR helps low speed hesitation and such. I really dont think it has anything to do with your MAP so I wouldnt even touch that.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Alright, thank you.

I forgot to mention that when I brake it makes almost like the noise that if my brakes were gone that squeel it does on purpose to show ur brakes are gone. but there brand new. hahaha

Possible stiffer accel pedal from the brake problem maybe?
      No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

Did you tamper with the brake light switch? Its on top of the brake pedal. Do your brake lights stay on? Also, recheck your work. otherwise, sounds likes u have sticking calipers. When calipers start sticking its because the piston is binded or the boot ripped and let moisture and dirt in. Best to get new or remaned

Comment

I dont think thats what causing your accel to be stiffer. Does it feel sluggish when starting it off? Another good way to check is after driving every rim should be about equally hot...Whichever one is really hot usually tahts your rim with a siezed caliper. Ghetto way of finding out but it works.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well i brought it to the shop today and it seems to be fine, no smell and none of that, but I still have a stiffer acceleration pedal and actually my pedal almost hit the floor. when i got the car back all they said to me was "we adjusted the pedal" and i grabbed the key and left because i had it on warranty, because its really starting to piss me off. so i have no idea but yea.
            No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

lol did they adjust it right. Hhaha sounds like they fucked it up. You can adjust yourself really not hard.

Pop your hood, take a 12mm wrench and loosen one of the bolt deals on the throttle cable. Just play around with it to where it is somewhat tight from the throttle rotor but not to tight to where the idle starts rising (you will hear it) you want it right before you hear the revs start goin up. Hope that helps sometimes my explanations get confusing. Make sure nothing is in the way of your accelerator pedal too =D.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05

Pop your hood, take a 12mm wrench and loosen one of the bolt deals on the throttle cable. Just play around with it to where it is somewhat tight from the throttle rotor but not to tight to where the idle starts rising (you will hear it) you want it right before you hear the revs start goin up. Hope that helps sometimes my explanations get confusing. .
                where exactly is a bolt deal on what throttle cable.

but why would brake adjuster have to do with the car revving, sounds like your tlaking about the accel pedal.

I was talking about that my brake pedal almost hit the floor, it did again to night so now whatever they did was too much.
                No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

Yea i was talkin bout the accelerator. I thought that was what you were asking. Anyway master cylinder is prob out.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I only hope that they bled the braking system from all four sides, since you said that the brake master is new.
                    The beginning of a new era............................
                    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Guys I have a new master cylinder( with one time being it was put it alone adn they bought a better brand the 2nd time) and with the 2nd time along with a new master, I got a new booster, new master lines, brand new brakes and bled and flushed. still hitting the floor.
                      No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

If its hitting floor its air or bad master cylinder...UNLESS someone didnt tighten up something and brake fluid is leaving and letting air in. That would be the only explanation but then you would have no fluid in the reservoir.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Nail, bring people in here?

I would really like to get this over with, it's upsetting me.

MY FUCKING pedal is hitting the floor.

Brand new brakes, new booster, 3rd new master cylinder, and new lines off the master with it being bled and flushed everytime, and i'm not leaking fluid. wtf is the problem?

When you actually put your foot on the brake pedal, how does it activate? I'm thinking that the cable or w.e that makes the booster run is loose or something. like doesn't a line get pulled which activates the booster? I mean this is ridiculous.

this other mechanic i went to said that these cars are by vacuum and the vacuum is bad or some shit like that.
                          No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

That can cause it in the booster. MIght wanna give that a look see but damn. that just sucks ass. You got me stuck on this one. If they didnt bench bleed the system takes quite a while to bleed it. There should be a vac line going into the booster. Does the car even attempt to slow down when the pedal sinks?

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yes it does. It doesn't sink. It's so wierd like every 4-5th brake. Let's say everytime I braked, it was at a light. On the 5th light, when I go to push my pedal down it will just hit the floor but as soon as I hit the floor my brakes activate, and my car starts like, it's hard to control, it swerves.
                              Otherwise my pedal is nice and sensitive. it sucks because when I was doing 70 today and it happened and I thoguth I wasn't going to stop I have to let my foot off the pedal and hit the brake again, and it works. not evne pump it up. The brakes active but not as good, like they barely touch I guess. and my car started going to the right and almost hit the guy.
                              No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

Working...
                              X