Ps/alt belt/pulley changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ps/alt belt/pulley changing

Having a hard time finding anything useful, but I'm trying to find out what bolts to loosen/where the auto tensioner is to take off the ps and alt belts. I'm trying to replace the belts plus instal my UR underdrive and power steering pulley at the same time and I don't want to screw anything up. I'm about to go get my hands dirty and see what I can do, and if I get stuck I'll come back see what you guys say..

btw I just spent a good bit of time searching and didn't get very far...
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

in diy
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=69593
    FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
    My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

ok, I had seen that but didn't see the ps info in it so I didn't pay to much attn, I figured all the bolts out anyways, now for changing the pulley's I'm having a haaaaard time getting the wheels to not move to take off the bolts holding the pulley. For the engine one I think I'm going to try putting the car in drive then turning it off so it's stuck in drive, maybe I can budge it. Any other suggestions without taking apart the whole engine????

Comment

i find it easiest to remove the cable inspection cover on the bottom of the tranny and put my 24mm wrench up their and then go to town on the pulley bolt.... THE BEST WAY though is to find a friend who has an electric impact gun you can use (or air depends if you have a air tank or not) and zip it off. The noise defenatly beats bashing your knuckles
        WTB:
        88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
        OR
        90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

If you wanna change the pulley you need to hold the pulley stationary and break that nut loose. Impact tools work wonders in this situation. Taking off the power steering is the same as the alternator. If you plan to take out the whole pump just unbolt the lines and plug them up so you dont make a mess.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm not trying to take anything extra off lol. Just the belts and pulley and what's only absolutly necessary. Not trying to take the tranny off if I can avoid it. May have to look someone up with an airgun..

Comment

Well you need to find something to jam the pulley from moving and after that taking off the pulley with hand tools is no problem.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

mine use to squeel alot when I used the tensioners but I started just using the top mount bolt and a bottom bolt and nut combo and torque them down good and even if you ever hear a squeel hop out and grab a 12mm and pull it tight again......I tend to leave some parts off my cars they would be a set of 2 things I dont use. and do not have any problem with ps or altornator belt wear or squeels ect. Taken that shit out aint easy though if theres A/c and if some jack ass did it b4 you.

Comment

Working...
                X