turning wheel instead of turning crank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turning wheel instead of turning crank?

i want to do a valve lash adjustment on my accord and i'm wondering if i can turn the wheel instead of turning the crank, would the crank move if i turn the wheel. i have an auto tranny.

the steering wheel?

it sure as hell wont.

gota turn the crank.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i think he meant as in wheels/tire/rim
      F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
      Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

put it in neutral and give it a quick blip on the ignition to turn the engine slightly over. best to have two people doing this.

Comment

Just get down and turn it its really not hard...Turn the wheel to the left full lock and just get a 19mm with an extension and breaker bar you should be able to turn the motor.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well it would be time consuming to go back and forth, wheel to engine. Put it in 5th gear. And it won't work with an automatic.
            I put a wrench on the power steering pulley, and I had to tighten the belt cause it just slipped.
            Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Working...
            X