Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hit a curb and went over another one (need advice)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit a curb and went over another one (need advice)

Had a little accident, stupidity on part, anyway...

the impact was enough to pop the rear tire and scuff up the front one, so those will be replaced, But now the drivers side front feels a tad soft, visual inspection is fine, and when i press down on the car it feels fine, not bouncy, but when i drive it feels a little soft on the driver side just a tad, but also not bouncy, but i think thats an alignment issue. now what Else should i replace, im going to replace the lower ball joints on the front cause they have a bit of play in them. now the question is the driver side front wheel gap is about 1 cm less than the passenger side, should I be worried about this?

just need some advice

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Make sure springs are seated maybe? I would make sure nothing is bent. You never know. I hit a curbo doing 25 in my old ex dead on and didnt do anything lol that thing was a beast. No bushings or anything ripped up? When you say soft is it turning or suspension wise?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

talk to cisco (hondafan81) he blasted a curb in TN and survived...im sure he'd have a few ideas for things to check out.
      Seattle Silver crew #5
      Member of the Midwest Car Club.
      ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

blown strut?
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I hit a curb a little while back, I had to replace lower control arm, radius rod, front crossmember.

Comment

Originally posted by accord91lx
            talk to cisco (hondafan81) he blasted a curb in TN and survived...im sure he'd have a few ideas for things to check out.
            You a$$!

Anyhow, all my suspension was new so it didn't do anything, I checked and rechecked, had it realigned is all. Everything is fine and it handles great still, so I'm not worried. I would say just do an all-around check, more than once just to make sure, get it realigned and they will also tell you if they find something that's bad that prevents an alignment.

Note: I blasted the curb driving too fast in a parking lot I was unfamiliar with on all-season tires not meant to do what I was doing. Yes, stupidity at it's finest, but when you just installed your suspension and see an open lot...like kid in a candy store, I couldn't help it!
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

it feels soft going over bumps or potholes. where i used to get kinda more feedback from thhe wheel almost to the chassis. the shock doesnt appear to be blown and its not leaking fluid, hmm.

Comment

i hit a curb
                ]

Comment

yeah hitting curbs sucks... My bro did that to his car... I had to replace the crossmember, LCA, radius rod. Car was out of commission for a while.

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Damn, sorry man...

My uncle had his CB7 dropped "2" inches with "16" inch rims, thin tires and with no camber kit and he hit the curb after falling asleep at the wheel. The thing is when he was getting he car lowered the shop didn't recommend a camber kit nor did he know anything about one lol. Peer pressure is a bitch to lower a car lol. He rushed the job and it cost him. Can you imagine what the car sounded like and did as it hit the curb lol. That sucka got totalled from a curb lol. I was sick because the car was clean. I wish I had a pic.

Comment

im lowered 1.8 i dont have a camber kit either, my opinion is that is weakens the suspension
                      thakns for feedback

Comment

Working...
                      X