SRS light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRS light

Ok, my SRS light has been on for 2 days... It has come on and gone off occasionally since my swap. Lately, it would come on and I could jerk my wheels to the right (not while moving, of course) and it would go off. Now it's just on all the time.

I know this could be bad, and I don't want my airbag knockin me out in the middle of traffic! Has anyone had this problem? Could someone possibly direct me to whatever could be causing it? I have no idea where to start...

when the lights on does the horn work?
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Dont' worry, it not going to diploy. If the light is on, it means there is a problem and it CAN'T diploy. Pull the code and see what comes up.
      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Awesome, the two guys I hoped to hear from!

I haven't tried the horn... I'll give it a shot tomorrow (the neighbors might not appreciate it at 12:38am...)

I know it's bad (or good, maybe... never needed to) but I forget how to check for codes? Nothing flashes when I turn the car on (no CEL). There is something I have to do, isn't there?

Would the jerking of my steering wheel be any indication perhaps? I'm guessing that since the SRS light is referring to the airbag in my steering wheel, that maybe there's a loose wire there or something. My Chilton's manual has kinda scared me about this airbag though. Makes me feel like any tampering with the related parts could set it off...

Comment

If you are going to mess with the SRS system, all you have to do is disconnect the battery, then wait for about 5 minutes for the capacitor to discharge, then the airbag is virtually harmless and you can do pretty much whatever you want.
          00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Cool, I'll have to give that a shot, then dive under the dash and see if I can find anything that looks loose, frayed, or otherwise...

Comment

Working...
            X