E-Brake light stays on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Brake light stays on

My E-Brake light will not go off. The handle is all they way down and the connector that plugs into the E-Brake is VERY connected. I've tried pulling it up and letting it down repeatedly and nothing happens. Someone help. And no one ver responds to my posts, so to make me feel better, if no one knows how to help, at least just say "HI".
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Hi
    Originally posted by rickyduckworth
    i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

this happened to me before in a crx i used to have, and it just meant it was low on brake fluid. probably the same on accords.

Comment

its not an "ebrake light".. its simply a brake light.. could be a burnt out bulb, PARTIALLY burnt out bulb, low brake fluid, malfunction with brake light wiring, etc..

check all your bulbs about 3 times to make sure, then check your fluid level.. if either one of those isnt the culprit, not sure what to tell you..

Comment

yes it is a e brake light.
          how does ur car feel while u drive it?
          it might be a electical problem.(didn't want to say just HI)
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by BlackAndTan
            this happened to me before in a crx i used to have, and it just meant it was low on brake fluid. probably the same on accords.
            yea it probably is low brake fluid, it also might be a good time to inspect your brake pads if you've gone through some brake fluid
            Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
            Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

either brake fluid level is low or its a bad master cylinder cap....I see this ALOT on newer Accords.
              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Well, I'm just going to try to add brake fluid and see what happens as I recently did a brake job. But I don't get it...how is that light not an e-brake only light? There's a connector on the bottom of the e-brake that sends a signal to the light.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i dunno either, its kinda of like the "S" for the sport shift on the automatics, it also is a kind of check light for other things such as a bad speed sensor

all of those lights have other functions besides the obvious, just the way honda made 'em, keep us updated
                  Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
                  Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

Working...
                  X