Black box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black box

whats the function of the black box at the left of the battery?
    Number 8 hose it's pluged on it. tnxs
    Razer.-

Rev rev rev

which one???
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

thats like the box with all the vacum tubes.
      To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Im not sure, but looks to be the air intake solenoid valve, but i don't know what is the function.
        Last edited by Razer; 05-23-2004, 09:55 PM.
        Razer.-

Rev rev rev

Comment

If you have an EX, somewhere in that bay is a black box that controls vacum to a diaphram that opens your butterfly valves. Could be it? I don't have one, but I hear they're nice.

Comment

I know Honda calls it the air intake solenoid valve, like Razer said, but I'm not sure of it's purpose. At first I thought it would be like a pulsation dampener like many fuel systems have but air doesn't enter in pulses. The little plug-in on it, obviously doesn't serve much of a purpose than monitoring incoming air(I'm guessing so criticize if you must) because I took mine out and left the plug-in sitting there and I'm throwing no codes.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I know Honda calls it the air intake solenoid valve, like Razer said, but I'm not sure of it's purpose. At first I thought it would be like a pulsation dampener like many fuel systems have but air doesn't enter in pulses. The little plug-in on it, obviously doesn't serve much of a purpose than monitoring incoming air(I'm guessing so criticize if you must) because I took mine out and left the plug-in sitting there and I'm throwing no codes.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Comment

It's a 91 SE.
                  Razer.-

Rev rev rev

Comment

i think all accords have it.

its a device where under 3000 rpms the vacumn is strong and then it pulls up this little door in the bottom intake tube. it blocks that tube so that the sound (whooooooooooooooooo) cannot be heard at idle.

its dumb, i disconnected it. haha.

i think its called the intake control valve...doesnt hurt emmisions
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

its a device where under 3000 rpms the vacumn is strong and then it pulls up this little door in the bottom intake tube. it blocks that tube so that the sound (whooooooooooooooooo) cannot be heard at idle.

What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Retro!

Hater

Comment

ok. Cool, know i can put away that little part :P
                              Thank's
                              Razer.-

Rev rev rev

Comment

Working...
                              X