Strange intermittent braking problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange intermittent braking problem...

I did search for a while but couldnt find any threads with the same type of problem...

So basically, when i'm braking, mostly over 2000rpms still in gear as well as when i push in the clutch and take it out of gear early, the pedal goes like 2/3 of the way to the floor before it even starts to brake. Its brakes fine and normally and its not like the pedal goes all the way to the floor when i'm sitting at a light. If i pump it a couple times its fine, and if i'm below 2000rpms it ussually works fine with the brakes catching instantly like 1/8 of the way to the floor and doesnt loose pressure at all...

About 6 months ago, my BMC was going out and my pedal was hitting the floor when i stood at a light, so i replaced it with another i had on hand from a different CB and it was perfect again. I'm doubting its the BMC just because its intermittent and the pedal never goes to the floor like it did on my old BMC... Now i know the brakes have been bled propperly so air is not an issue... Any ideas on what else could be causing an inconsistant problem like this?

Fluid level. Pad wear you never know.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

if the master cylinder is leaking any bit ull have a fading pedal, other than that you could have a leaky brake booster, also check your main vaccum lin going to your booster
      -95 JDM H22 LSD-
      -HYTECH Header-
      -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

NAiL, The fluid level is topped out and my pads are at least 80*...

BIGDOM, I was thinking that might be possible, but i wasnt sure if thats a common problem. Even when i searched about brake booster problems i couldnt find anything that fit my situation. I'll try disconnecting it and testing to see if it holds vacuum.

Hopefully it could be as simple as the booster and not something more complicated. If i have to do the booster i'm going to just replace the BMC while i'm at it so i have all new equiptment.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Comment

Working...
        X