Spark Plug Problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark Plug Problem!

Aight, here's what happen, i was driving down the street when i heard something in my engine just blow up or something like that (thats how it sounded). pop up my hood and seen one of my spark plug out and the part where it has the grooves to screw in wasnt on it. luckily i was only down the street from my house so i just carefully drove back home on 3 cylinders. sucked!!....so now that groove part with the lip on it is still in my block and i cant get it out!...i've tried using that lip to turn it and unscrew it but it got bent after a few times..i ALMOST have it to where i could get enough of it out to where i could use a 11'' needle nose pliers but it still stuck. all i want to know is that is there any other way to get it out?! or find a way to get a hold of it and unscrew it?!

EXAMPLE OF THE PIECE THATS STUCK IN THE BLOCK!!!!

Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

my idea would prolly be is removing the valve cover and start from there if not then MAYBE take off the head

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
    "2SIIC"
    Authentic Jerseys for sale
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

any other way besides doing all that first?!

Comment

i honestly dont see no other way of doing it since it is a tight spot taking off the valve cover isnt hard just a few bolts holding it and maybe that will give you more room to work with try it

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
        "2SIIC"
        Authentic Jerseys for sale
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Your Screwed. Time to pull off the head yay! Thats the only other way I see getting it out. Doesnt look like much opportunity taking it out from the plug tubes.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

try using a punch, a long punch and hit it with a hammer to try to spin it out, ro better yet,

go to autozone, there is a tool that takes out bolts its like a drill bit and reversed, as in the threads, this will work, i have it here at my house and used it numerous times with success,
            Last edited by blackcb7; 03-06-2007, 08:04 PM.
            Members Ride

Comment

Like people said, take the valve cover off and try to get at it from there. It's easy to do, just be careful not to over-tighten the acorn nuts when you put it back on.
              - Ghosty
              WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
              FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
                try using a punch, a long punch and hit it with a hammer to try to spin it out, ro better yet,

go to autozone, there is a tool that takes out bolts its like a drill bit and reversed, as in the threads, this will work, i have it here at my house and used it numerous times with success,
                u know the exact name of it?!..and im using that needle nose pliers and grinding it on the side of it, its turning it but its taking a long ass time!..i just need to turn it enough to where i could grab a hold of the edge of it and turn it from there..its like 1 mil. down from where i need to grab it from.

Comment

its called a screw extractor set

Members Ride

Comment

could b a perfect excuse for a h22 lol. aye i got you if you wanna ride i think muh patna could give you a ride im goin wit him if not.
                    Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

thanks, i'll get some of those because i'll know it'll come in handy!......and B, im driven another car for right now untill i get that fix but thanks!!.....but its almost out!!!!!

Comment

Ooo I forgot about those. Good point!

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Members Ride

Comment

when a couple of the heads of the old NGK spark plug wires broke off and were stuck to the spark plugs on the project car.

we took the valve cover off and wahlah! they came right out with a little bit of elbow grease
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                              when a couple of the heads of the old NGK spark plug wires broke off and were stuck to the spark plugs on the project car.

we took the valve cover off and wahlah! they came right out with a little bit of elbow grease
                              werd .. don't be scared to remove the valvecover.. careful not to spill or drop anything in it though. . lol

.. heck u can even replace ur valve cover gaskets just for the hell of it.
                              -:¦:-
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Working...
                              X