car wont stay on wat could it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car wont stay on wat could it be?

i was driving to work one day while i was slowing down it was trying to die and my car just completly shut off on me. Later that day i tried turning it on again and it was on but lasted a couple of seconds and dies again. I was thinkn could it be the fuel pump or something else any idea?

CEL come on? If so, what is the code?
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

wats a CEL code and where do i check?

Comment

it might be many things.
        1. does ur check engine light come on????>>>that means a code
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

is your car auto or stick?also did you do a voltage check? like they said it could be many things.check for cel,and also use a voltmeter to diagnos the electrical.good luck.

Comment

the engine light doesnt come on and my car is an auto

Comment

i started the car again and no code was showing and it idle for about 30 sec and then it shut off again, could it be anything inside the distributor?

Comment

could it be the "fuel relay" cause i can start my car when its cold but when it gets warm it shuts off

Comment

So mainly its your fuel and ignition system. Id check for alotta things does your fuel pump prime up and all check your ,distributor fuel pump and last but not least whens the last time have you given yourself a tune-up cause ive heard a similar problem like this and it mainly led to 1)ignition module 2) fuel relay 3)fuel filter 4) distributor.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                    So mainly its your fuel and ignition system. Id check for alotta things does your fuel pump prime up and all check your ,distributor fuel pump and last but not least whens the last time have you given yourself a tune-up cause ive heard a similar problem like this and it mainly led to 1)ignition module 2) fuel relay 3)fuel filter 4) distributor.

also does ur car start again after it shuts off????

Comment

i forgat to say this too.
                      it might be the egnition swich but the electrical part of it. it happen on my accord. as soon as i started the car and let go of the keys the car would shut off. then i had to keep my keys on a certain position in order for my car to stay home. but as the guys said it might be the other stuff. just do a full tune up. that won't hurt u. start with the fuel filter

Comment

yes my car starts again but i dont think its my ignition switch i think its the ingnition module

Comment

yes my car can start again but i dont think its my ingition switch its probably my ignition module

Comment

things to check....
                            main relay number one thing.
                            if this doesnt work.
                            second, listen to the fuel pump when u turn the key to ON

cant be ur timing or anything (like mines was) sense ur car starts.

check or change plugs
                            battery terminal.....

im tryna give u everything to check put its hard if im not actually there.

alternator, theres a lot of things it MIGHT be.

but i would first check the main relay, or get a new one, because if it just started doing this it might be that, seems like there going out alot around this time of the year.
                            NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

it was my freakn ignition module damn expensive, but my car is running now so yeah and thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                              X