More powertrain troubles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More powertrain troubles.

CV Axle replacement was a bitch, but thx to 91h22cb7lx it got done. My problem is that when I lay off the gas, or push in the clutch at above 3k a few seconds after (laying off gas/pushing clutch in) there is a click noise. From what I hear it might be my throw out bearing, thats what I'm thinking it is. Could it be anything else? maybe a lack of tranny fluid?

gah you fix one thing and something else comes up :/
    Originally posted by deevergote
    ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
    Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
    Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
    04 WRX stg 2 sedan
    Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

A click...more specific. Click in gear or just pedal play? Its prob hitting that switch deal underneath if its when you do your clutch.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

click in gear, when driving. Happens when the engine is revved (above 3kish) and the car is in gear, and I depress the clutch pedal quickly. Sometimes it occurs at lower rpm and speed just if I press in the pedal quick.

Also occurs if I lay off the gas quick and use the tranny to slow down, again sometimes. (maybe this means it isnt the throwout bearing?)

Key thing is it only happens in quick movements that maybe jolt the tranny?

List of possible things that are wrong?
      -driver side halfshaft. (sounds like its coming from around that area)
      -throw out bearing.
      -lose mount? (maybe something is hitting, I checked and it looks alright but not sure)
      -low tranny fluid?,(not sure if this would do it, but it shifts fine and never grinds)

Has this happened to anyone before, or can anyone pinpoint it more. I'll probably just end up replacing all the stuff above

Sorry for the vague description, was just typing it quick last night before I called it a day.
      ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

I would rule out the throwout bearing since if that was going out it would be screeching basically. You can check your trans fluid but hondas are normally notchy for shifting.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

sigh, the joys of having a 14 year old car. This has been happening for maybe 5-6 months. As soon as the tax return comes anything that looks worn is getting chucked.

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

My best guess, after more driving and looking, is its the half shaft. Anyone have problems similar with there half shafts?

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

Originally posted by myk
              My best guess, after more driving and looking, is its the half shaft. Anyone have problems similar with there half shafts?
              not me after i replaced my half shaft
              Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
              -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Working...
              X