Sport light blinks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport light blinks?

My sport light blinks when i jump the diagnostic connector for codes. It blinks 4 times. It also blinks when i drive and i haven't taken it in to get scanned yet and i don't have any transmission problems that i know of yet. i have an auto tranny. does anyone know whats wrong with my tranny? Thanks

Originally posted by cp[mike]
    oh well. its just a car, its not the end of the world.

It could be somethin as easy as your speed ensor being unplugged, thats what was my problem. However it could also be your TCU goin bad, which Ive heard that 4th gens do. I really dont know anyways to check it out, I had to take mine to a Honda Shop. Hope some of that helped.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Whats the TCU?

Comment

Transmission Control Unit
        its under the passenger floor panel next to your ECU

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

do u feel any difference on how is ur car runnying.
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

i dont know if this will help but here is another thread on this subject.good luck.

>>>>>>Any 1 know what cel code 12 on the S blinking light for an automatic accord with sport button?? I did the check engine self test and no check engine light come on but the s sport light blink, 1 short pause 2 short. it either code 1 and 2 or 12. I feel no problem with the tranny, it upshift shift to every gear fine and I can down shift with no problem.

# 9 HSTAE (H Series Turbo Accord Enthusiasts) ... 4th gen Boosting Accord R
            1990 gold LX accord coupe<<>>Turbo 6psi, JDM H22A
            Big 18G T25/T28 Hybrid Turbo, FMIC, DSM 550CC, Apexi SAFC v2, AEM wideband A/F and Boost gauge, AEM A-FPR, Walbro 255L Pump, AEM cam gear, HKS Manual Boost controller, XS Blow off valve, Weapon R Air filter, breather and throttle rotor, 2.5 high flow down pipe, high flow cat, 4" muffler.

quote:
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally posted by blazen_accord
            Any 1 know what cel code 12 on the S blinking light for an automatic accord with sport button?? I did the check engine self test and no check engine light come on but the s sport light blink, 1 short pause 2 short. it either code 1 and 2 or 12. I feel no problem with the tranny, it upshift shift to every gear fine and I can down shift with no problem.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well from the Info I've got (1992-1993 Accord) There is no code 12. But also I don't think that 1992-1993 had the Sport Shift option.

Code 1 is faulty lock-up control solonoid A and Code 2 is faulty lock-up control solonoid B.

Also it's the "D4" indicator that shows the stored codes for the TCM. But again I think that's for models without Sport Shift.

Maybe your code has something to do with the Sport Shift and also that's why the "S" light blink.

quote:
            Originally posted by BustedLX
            Well from the Info I've got (1992-1993 Accord) There is no code 12. But also I don't think that 1992-1993 had the Sport Shift option.

Code 1 is faulty lock-up control solonoid A and Code 2 is faulty lock-up control solonoid B.

Also it's the "D4" indicator that shows the stored codes for the TCM. But again I think that's for models without Sport Shift.

Maybe your code has something to do with the Sport Shift and also that's why the "S" light blinks?

One shorts, space and two shorts is codes 1 and 2. There is a resistance test that can be done on the solenoids. I'll have to check the manual, but I think that they should measure out between 5-20 Ohms.

Comment

91accordexr33 did your speed sensor go on and off on u when u were driving? because mine has been doing that and i have been getting the check engine light go on me telling me that something is wrong with my speed sensor. can anyone tell me where the speed sensor is located or would have a pic of where the speed sensor is.

Comment

91accordexr33 did your speed sensor go on and off on u when u were driving? because mine has been doing that and i have been getting the check engine light on me telling me that something is wrong with my speed sensor.

Comment

91accordexr33 did your speed sensor go on and off on u when u were driving? because mine has been doing that and i have been getting the check engine light on me telling me that something is wrong with my speed sensor.

Comment

AWOOOOGAH!!! Triple post n00b!

Have fun pulling out the TCU. Its not torture but it isnt fun- I hate feeling like I'm tearing up the interior of the car.
                    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

then change it man. it is telling u that is something wrong with it then change it.
                      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

is your speedometer working on and off? if so then your speed sensor is going bad, its located on the tranny, closest to the firewall, kinda below the fuel filter. Its held on by two 10mm bolts, and you'll need a socket extension to get it off. If you have the extension its not that bad especially since you have an automatic (if you had a manual, good luck).

here's a great site for our speed sensor, has some good pics too.
                        http://www.cybertrails.com/~bestinth...tLocation.html

if you need one, i have one for a 90-91 so just PM me, also i think with a little modification you can get it to work for 92-93 car

-Chris
                        Last edited by thatsitbelowradarSTL; 06-03-2004, 01:08 AM.
                        Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
                        Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

Hey i think that is the problem with mine. .The speed censor light comes on random and I didnt notice any diffrence in anything but today when I w as tdriving I looked at my dash and my speed monitor read 0? and I was going like 35 So I was like ok whatever but now I think thats hwy My S light is blinking think so?

Comment

Hey, first post here, nice forum.

Didn't want to start a new thread and get flamed for not searching so sorry for bumping an old thread up!

I just bought me a clean 91 Ex last week amazing car. Today I noticed a problem. I was driving it then I stopped at a store then when I got back in the car and started it, my sport shift button blinked a few times and stopped. I've noticed nothing, the tranny pulls nice and smooth. What can be the problem? Should I worry about it? Thanks in advance
                            what do you call 2 lebs in an accord?

Organized Crime

Comment

Working...
                            X