No announcement yet.

Front Mount Intake???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slightly off topic: I've never seen any dyno runs/results of people testing different intakes on a CB7 (at least not an F22; stock vs. modified stock vs CAI, etc). Wonder if anyones got some info on it. I ask partly cause no one can seem to agree :P and because I'd swear my car loves the heat. *shrugs* Sometimes its just not as responsive and I can't figure out why or find any correlation to anything else. /OT
    Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

to the OP of this topic, dont mind everyone, some are more blunt than others(which noobs need, more bluntness, less sugar-cakin)

d112crzy and nail05 are right....most people get them for looks ONLY, no real gains are sought from this

HOW DO I KNOW THIS, i tried it out myself(hence why theres a AEM filter on my STOCK rubber piping, although i did keep the piping as a mock-up for my REAL INTERCOOLER PIPING)

i have a few others near where i live who still run this, mostly civics, but they are most the ricest of ricers u can see(look in the beginner section for the REAL RACER THREAD, that defintion says it all!!!!)

just stick with your original setup, why do u think AEM, K&N, fujita, etc. havent come up w/this idea yet(HELL MUGEN for that matter)
      "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
        slightly off topic: I've never seen any dyno runs/results of people testing different intakes on a CB7 (at least not an F22; stock vs. modified stock vs CAI, etc). Wonder if anyones got some info on it. I ask partly cause no one can seem to agree :P and because I'd swear my car loves the heat. *shrugs* Sometimes its just not as responsive and I can't figure out why or find any correlation to anything else. /OT
        as far as dyno results goes, i live near titan motorsports on goldenrod(for those who know where this is)

i netted a total of...............................

drum-roll please.......

2 HP
        that is all.....
        "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Im not trying to be a dick,Im SRY if it seems that way, but if you cant tell the differnce between an intercooler and an intake filter, and you know about turbos or have one then you should honestly get out of the scene.

Im just asking how would the bends heat the air up?Is it because of the heat from the engine?If so theres easy ways to prevent that, an intake wrap?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
            Who here has the right to put something in a category as rice???NO ONE , Its everyones personal opinnion.The real enthusiasts would say "Thats not considered rice, its the fucking people who call it rice because they cant tell the diference between an intake and an intercooler"If you were smart you would see it only has ONE inlet not 2 like an ntercooler.
            YOUR FUCKIN RIGHT, but come on.....will someone seeing that on your car whos knows there shit see only 1 oulet tube on the cold side, then hear no blow-off, no spool-up think its what it actually intended for.......HELL NO, their going to laugh at u, cut u off, then show off w/their ride

certain thing i still admire to this day, like bodykits, wings, and such(if tasteful), but a fauxa-cooler,

OK I DONE WHORING, but see what we're talking about, get one try it out, then come back and tell us how it is.....

Comment

Im not trying to be a dick,Im SRY if it seems that way, but if you cant tell the differnce between an intercooler and an intake filter, and you know about turbos or have one then you should honestly get out of the scene.

Im just asking how would the bends heat the air up?Is it because of the heat from the engine?If so theres easy ways to prevent that, an intake wrap?
              bends obstruct airflow. They cause turbulence, which causes heat. Air also loses velocity.

The less bends, the better.

And the reason the majority of the people actually buy that intake is b/c they think it looks cool and want to fool people into thinking its an intercooler.

A short ram with a velocity stack would make more power than that thing, and for cheaper too.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

FRICTION, thats what hits air up, the more bends a intake tubing has, the less efficient(read: heated up) the ambient air gets, thats why u dont see intake tubing doing 180degree bends then doing 20 degree bends, b/c u've just wasted a 120 CAI, same goes for intercooler and their associated piping

Comment

SRY AGAIN Who the fuck do you think you are to call something rice?Think about it..... 2HP...........is..........2HP, Think about this.......So a custom exhaust from header back all pipe and an N1 style mufler is RICE?Thats what most people would say.In the majoridy of cases ive seen it creates more HP.

Sp let me get this strate more HP is rice????OMG some people seem so out of it, thats basicly what your saying, that filter gave 2HP, but the fact you consider it rice, you shouldn't use it?Oh yah I though people did it just for looks, even though they do get more HP.

Comment

Originally posted by m-tec93accord
                    YOUR FUCKIN RIGHT, but come on.....will someone seeing that on your car whos knows there shit see only 1 oulet tube on the cold side, then hear no blow-off, no spool-up think its what it actually intended for.......HELL NO, their going to laugh at u, cut u off, then show off w/their ride

certain thing i still admire to this day, like bodykits, wings, and such(if tasteful), but a fauxa-cooler,

OK I DONE WHORING, but see what we're talking about, get one try it out, then come back and tell us how it is.....
                    Do you know what to do when they cut you off?It's a good thing, you draft them, pull up to the cide of them and press that pretty litlle switch and let that turbo eat the egnited NOS coming from your exhaust.

Comment

I'm not the only one calling it rice.

If you would take your head out of your ass, learned how to read, you would know what I'm saying. I gave the reason as to why I, and many others call it rice. It's not because you gain hp, it's the reason people buy them.

People that buy those are ignorant and uneducated, if doing it for actual performance.

Why? b/c there are MUCH better products out there that go for cheaper.

If you're actually getting mad b/c someone calls you a ricer, then you must be a ricer. Theres no reason to get mad if someone calls you something you're not right? Just brush it off if it aint truth.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

As everyone covered already friction = heat = loss in hp. 2hp is nothing.....Really that is not much at all. If you dont think its rice just get it already. Why are you having a hissy fit all over it. I still think its rice. If you dont think it is get it. All it sounds like in this thread is that your trying to support there product if you like it so much buy it and quit making a scene. And I dont give a shit because its the damn internet so have a hissy fit all you want. No ones gettin hurt just laughing behind the screen.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I aint mad!!!!Ive ben laughing this whole time .Im just saying,2HP is 2HP.If you can tell me what other mods will give me HP for $60.Im done flaming and being flamed for tonight.Well it seems most people call it rice, cool with me,just kinda funny you know.You see a car with a bodykit and a huge muffler, but then what happens when you get your ass handed to you.You later find out it was putting out 500Hp all motor and that huge muffler was part of its HKS exhaust system.Just funny how everyone underestimates what most people would call rice.Alright, nice talk guys.

Comment

I'd listen to Nail...i KNOW he KNOWS what he's talking about...shit! He's majoring in Automobiles or mechanic something like that haha srry Nail. But Basically in another way of seeing this onto your car..IT's like having those Crappyass FAKE spinners on your also fake rims some ppl have from like Walmart or something (NOT that walmart carries this FMIntake). But it's your decision bro..I'd just go boost even though i got an F22A1 (the lowest Hp of our models).

Edited: Also forgot to mention that NONE spinners give you Hp either way ahhaah

*Needs*
                            -New shocks
                            -Struts
                            -Drop
                            -Cleaning
                            -New Tires/Wheels
                            -New Window Tint
                            -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                              if you say a filter makes a big difference, then go buy yourself a K&N filter and put it on your cai.

The reason the K&N filters are so "good" is because they suck at filtering!! They more air through b/c they dont filter, so its actually a bad FILTER.

The reason for an intercooler is to cool the compressed air coming from the turbo. although that is right smack in the front of cool air, it wont get any cooler than the ambient air.

why? b/c you just cant, not without some assistance(water sprayer, n2o..).

The only gains I see from that is b/c its a bit longer than a CAI, giving you higher air velocity, but the bends kill that velocity, and actually heat up the air.

If you want real gains, get a velocity stack.

Also, IT IS rice. WHY? because its impersonating an intercooler. That thing is also known as an interfooler. It is useless and pointless. Something on a car that is poitnless and useless is considered rice. It's embarrassing to the real enthusiasts that KNOW what they do and take this hobby seriously.
                              I think you said the exact words that were needed to be read -you know your shit-

*Needs*
                              -New shocks
                              -Struts
                              -Drop
                              -Cleaning
                              -New Tires/Wheels
                              -New Window Tint
                              -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
                                I'd listen to Nail...i KNOW he KNOWS what he's talking about...shit! He's majoring in Automobiles or mechanic something like that haha srry Nail.
                                I wouldnt say that. There are other knowledgable people in here. I dont know everything, I am still learning.

The New-ish Ride
                                My old Ride
                                Hear my Vtak!!!
                                MK3 Member #3
                                I piss off people for fun.
                                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                                X