No announcement yet.

Front Mount Intake???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look up BPI or something like that. Hes located in TX. You need a 6" ID filter.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The 116 is for the filter assembly and the filter, it just doesn't come with the piping, and yes I already have a CAI just not installed yet(dont know how to make the whole biger).

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
        The 116 is for the filter assembly and the filter, it just doesn't come with the piping, and yes I already have a CAI just not installed yet(dont know how to make the whole biger).
        wow bro, just cut it a lil bigger

but that besides the point

NO INTAKE WILL GIVE ANY SIGNIFICANT GAINS WHAT SO EVER
        so why spend 60 dollars when you can just buy a 10 cone filter and fit it to the stock intake boot

especially when your running the risk of hydrolock with things like that

it does nothing but make you car sound like it has ball. so if you spend over $20 on any kind of intake your at a total loss

I'm not trying to sound like an asshole. just giving you the heads up.

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Look up velocity stacks they are proven to show gains throughout the RPM range. BPI has a couple of dyno charts of them.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I dont know what to cut the hole with, I dont whant any sharp edges, the car doesnt even run yet(waiting on fuel line) so im not worried about hydrolock,Should I?

Comment

If it rains a lot CAI are bad idea. Cut the hole with a dremel and if you dont want the sharp edges go buy that rubber crap and put it around the hole. Works wonders.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i still think its not worth the 60 bucks plus the piping too, and i think its rice
                but hey if you want the extra 3 hp go ahead..

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
                nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
                nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
                nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
                AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
                AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
                AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
                nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

Originally posted by 1993sE
                  i still think its not worth the 60 bucks plus the piping too, and i think its rice
                  but hey if you want the extra 3 hp go ahead..
                  QUE? Haha I want to throw on a BPI stack on my car =D I already got the tubing. All I need is the filter and stack =D.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

if you say a filter makes a big difference, then go buy yourself a K&N filter and put it on your cai.

The reason the K&N filters are so "good" is because they suck at filtering!! They more air through b/c they dont filter, so its actually a bad FILTER.

The reason for an intercooler is to cool the compressed air coming from the turbo. although that is right smack in the front of cool air, it wont get any cooler than the ambient air.

why? b/c you just cant, not without some assistance(water sprayer, n2o..).

The only gains I see from that is b/c its a bit longer than a CAI, giving you higher air velocity, but the bends kill that velocity, and actually heat up the air.

If you want real gains, get a velocity stack.

Also, IT IS rice. WHY? because its impersonating an intercooler. That thing is also known as an interfooler. It is useless and pointless. Something on a car that is poitnless and useless is considered rice. It's embarrassing to the real enthusiasts that KNOW what they do and take this hobby seriously.
                    Last edited by d112crzy; 03-04-2007, 10:55 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

wow people get stupider by the minute on here

just by a 20 dollar intake on egay same effect
                      dont waste your money buying name brand shit either quality and brand are 2 different things

the build and demise
                      buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

whos here to say whats rice and whats not...that intake is nice..i say its best to use that during summer time.

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Accordlx
                          i say its best to use that during summer time.
                          why.

FULLY explain yourself using educated words and facts.

If you would have read my post, you would know that its no better than a cai with a K&N filter.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
                            They are 116 new from arospeed, and I can get one for 60 from a friend.But the piping is gona be a little bit more.How do you use a filter on the velocity stack?

1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Woo hoo for pictures!!!! haha.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                                if you say a filter makes a big difference, then go buy yourself a K&N filter and put it on your cai.

The reason the K&N filters are so "good" is because they suck at filtering!! They more air through b/c they dont filter, so its actually a bad FILTER.

The reason for an intercooler is to cool the compressed air coming from the turbo. although that is right smack in the front of cool air, it wont get any cooler than the ambient air.

why? b/c you just cant, not without some assistance(water sprayer, n2o..).

The only gains I see from that is b/c its a bit longer than a CAI, giving you higher air velocity, but the bends kill that velocity, and actually heat up the air.

If you want real gains, get a velocity stack.

Also, IT IS rice. WHY? because its impersonating an intercooler. That thing is also known as an interfooler. It is useless and pointless. Something on a car that is poitnless and useless is considered rice. It's embarrassing to the real enthusiasts that KNOW what they do and take this hobby seriously.
                                Who here has the right to put something in a category as rice???NO ONE , Its everyones personal opinnion.The real enthusiasts would say "Thats not considered rice, its the fucking people who call it rice because they cant tell the diference between an intake and an intercooler"If you were smart you would see it only has ONE inlet not 2 like an ntercooler.

Comment

Working...
                                X