transmission problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transmission problems

alright guys, my trans is really acting up. heres the problem and please if u have any ideas let me know i got to get this fixed asap.

the problem is 2 things:
    1) Jumping out of third gear. i mean, ill be driving along, 1st gear is perfect. clutch, second. 2nd gear is perfect. now when i go to shift into 3rd, it feels like it doesnt want to go in, but when it does, as i let the clutch out, if grinds, and pops out. one time it shot itself out so hard it jumped halfway into 4th. now heres the weird part. say im driving, 2nd, then i skip to fourth. i can downshift into 3rd and its flawless. wtf mate???

2) it tends to make this terrible grinding sound. its almost like i have gravel in my transmission or something. or it was. now it sounds like a broken axle. but they are both perfect. it does the noise primarily in 1st and second. i wouldnt know about 3rd since half the time i dont have it lol. but 4th and 5th seem flawless, although my exhaust may be loud enough to cover the noise at those rpm. also, when it makes the noise, you can feel it through the clutch pedal.

PLEASE help me guys, this ones messing with me. i mean i dont know what to do.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

what kind of MTF are you using? because it sounds like it's related to a synchro.

Comment

popping out of third gear sounds like synchros,
      the grinding you're hearing is probably your bearings inside the transmisssion

Comment

hmmm i dont remember what fluid is in it, but i remember that when we changed the clutch, we looked it up on here and used what it said. just to double check, we also referred to the manual, and filled it up with the correct fluid. what gets me is, i was just driving it a few minutes ago, and third gear was perfect. and some times it is perfect. but that grinding...dear god it scares me lol.
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

if your using an f series tranny, my suggestion is that, there are so cheap just buy another one. i got one i'll ship it to you for 200 bucks. 97 ex tranny.
          if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

Comment

hey yeah im interested ima PM u and i added u on yahoo.

Comment

Working...
            X