Happy Synthetic Oil User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Synthetic Oil User

So it's 2:00 AM here in good old Maryville, MO and I'm bored out of my gourd. So what did I decide to do? Check my oil of course! What else would I do??? Looking at the fact that there was no burned oil and that it still looked as clean as the day I put it in made me so very happy. I went from dino 5w-30 to synthetic 10w-30. I realy noticed a difference in how smooth the car runs now and how hard I can drive it (if I really want to). Anyone else share the same feelings?

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
    2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Mine normally doesn't run $5 a quart, so I don't mind the extra couple of bucks I pay for it. Another benefit of it is that it cleans out your engine. You don't have to put any additives in it.

Comment

Were you burning oil before? I'm burning oil now, maybe a quart to 2 quarts every couple weeks? Did the synthetic really make that big of a difference? I'm running 10W30 now, which is already thicker than stock.

Comment

guys its a mind game.i went from reguler 10w30 to synthetic,and i started to burn oil worse than i was.so i went back to reguler 10w30 and it went back to normal.if your mototr has a lot of miles than synthetic isso slipery it will get past the seals.if your motor is having problems like others said find the real problem.if oil fixed problems it would be a lot more expensive.

Comment

Well I'm burning oil like a mofo now so I guess that woulnd't be good.

Comment

The only reason synthetic would screw with your seals is if you switch between syn and dino very much. That's because the seals go haywire since the have to adjust too much. Every engine is different, so maybe your engine is better suited for dino. I haven't had any problems at all.

If you're burning 2 quarts every couple of weeks, you have other problems. I was burning a little oil just from short trips around this shit-hole town I go to college in. It wasn't anything huge at all. If I were you I'd get that checked out pretty soon.

Comment

Yea, I kno i have problems...its the engine...it needs to be rebuilt or get a new one.

I'm not planning on keeping this car much longer, but it goes from the top hole to the bottom hole on the dipstick every 2-3 weeks...not good. Lucas additive just seemed to slow it a bit.

Hopefully I can find another F22 to swap in for cheap with around 100k on it.

Comment

the myth about switching from syn to dino back and forth is faulse. u can always do it.

its just the reason why u are loosing oil and "burning" is that synthetic is much more thinner (not literally) but more moluecule wise so it seeps pass some seals, i think.

if u are burning oil its not cause of the oil, its cuase of the seals.

u can upgrade toa higher weight synthetic if u like or use a high milage oil which containts more chemicals to help stop burning oil.

www.bobistheoilguy.com
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                X