Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just an odd idea (probably wouldn't work)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an odd idea (probably wouldn't work)

First off if you're just going to flame please don't bother, it's just an idea I'm presenting for discussion.

I'm sure you've read discussions online before about intercooling a naturally aspirated car, and most people come to the same conclusion, that it's pointless because the air you're taking in is being cooled by outside air hitting the intercooler, which is the same temperature as the incoming air, hence no gain.

But what if that wasn't the case? What if the intercooler actually COULD cool the incoming air? Then it should create a gain, correct? Well recently I was researching the kits that spray nitrous onto a car's intercooler to further cool the air charge. I then found some information about simply misting the intercooler with water, and then finally found the best cheap option, misting the intercooler with alcohol.

Now normally people would argue that adding an IC to an N/A car would only make the intake tract more restricted and wouldn't really cool anything off. However, if you were to install an intercooler that was being cooled by an alcohol mist in theory it should lower the temp of the intake charge.

Anyone got anything intelligent to add?
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

interesting ....is there a proven fact that it will work?
    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

uh...nope....but then again there's no reason it absolutely won't work either, lol. If I can find an extra IC soon I'm going to hook it up to my intake and put a temp probe in there and see if it drops the temps at all, probably won't. Then I'll do a second test with the alcohol mist, that should drop the temps.
      I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

Comment

In theory it does sound like it will work but..... do you think it will actually drop the temp enough to make a noticeable difference.

I personally don't think so but i'm interested to see the outcome.
        "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
        - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

x2....yea, let me know the outcome too
          Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
          -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

reminds me of the integra on ebay with the mercedes intercooler intake.

Comment

y not a ram air system...which might work just as well...

or the AC cooling the intake...

its worth a shot
              DEVOTE

Comment

Too much piping. You wanna go hardcore run a velocity stack and cut open your bumper. You gain more.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                X