Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my H22 accord is not starting, I need major HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my H22 accord is not starting, I need major HELP!

okay, this problem Im about to tell you have been accuring for quite sometime now, and its bugging the crap out of me and most of you know that I have very limited know how on electrical issues.

symptoms- when key is turned to start, you just here a click them everything goes dead and blank, no lights no nothing.for a few minutes, same goes for attemting second and tons of tries.

things I checked-battery(fully charged)
    starter(brand new and perfectly functioning)
    fueses(good)
    grounds(nothing is looses)
    ECU( everything is hooked up)chipped p28 tuned

is their anything else I should check because I honestly think that its more complex than a ground or a damn starter or could it be the main relay????????. if someone her is verygood at this PLEASE! take a few minutes to help me.
    Last edited by aznpnoyracer; 02-24-2007, 08:13 PM.

Battery cables on tight? Anyway thermostat ground is always a good thing to check.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      Battery cables on tight? Anyway thermostat ground is always a good thing to check.
      yes, battery cables are tight and secured and the ground to thermostat is on securely also. like I mentioned I check the basic stuff. Ive researched and the only thing I havent check is main relay. so to you think the symptoms are pointing toward the main relay?

Comment

Well does it turn over. WHen you say everything goes blank like nothing lights up on the gauge cluster?

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

best way to find out if its your main relay, check for fuel.

loosen the nut on the fuel filter and put a rag over it. try to start the car and if it squirts then its not your main relay.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

dude its corrosion at least i think, it may be your battery too man. Mine was doing the same exact thing, you would turn it, then click nothing no power nothing then it would work agian 20 minutes later. put in another battery, you will know for sure, or its the corrosion.

do this, when it does that again, look at the battery have someone turn the key, i would get smoke from my terminals on the battery when it did that click.

i know u checked but i think that might be it. i had the exact same problem, cleaned it and new battery and im fine.
            ]

Comment

thanks fellas, Ill try those things right now. Umm d112 crazy , Im gonna try the fuel filter trick too but if you dont hear from me tonight call 911 .
              by the way, everything goes blank when I turn the key to start but you dont hear the starter instead you hear click then dead, no lights, no guage cluster light, no joy

Comment

then it IS a wiring problem, not distributor related.

A distributor problem wont cause all your lights to go out.

disconnect, clean and reconnect all grounds and connections.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

check your grounds, or the culprit may just be your battery

Comment

okay fellas, this is the deal, I replaced bought new starter/battery adn I triple time checked my grounds and they are fine. its something else,SERIOUSLY. I appreciate you gusy helping me but I double checked adn triple check all the usual causes but not it. but the only thing I did last was clean out the battery prongs even though it was already clean. and it started!! BUT I know that its gonna do it again because whenever I unhook and hook back the nattery it seems to go away for a few days or weeks but comes back. this problem is starting to become a rotine for my damn car. I really need someone to give me more ideas on what it could be.

Comment

Prob just need new battery terminals

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

maybe?

Comment

it can't hurt to try.

before that, try cleaning the battery terminals.

like i said, it can't hurt to try.

Comment

Seems like you have problems with the quality of the battery terminal connections.

In my experience various gens of accords (and possibly other hondas) are notorious for the negative terminal clamp deforming into a conical shape with repeated loosening/tightening. It can continue to deform with each time you reinstall it, reducing the clamp-to-terminal contact area as well as clamping force.

In several cases I've had to bend and/or install the neg. clamp upside down, getting better contact area and a tighter connection.

Not sure if this is happening to you, but it'd be worthwhile to check.

Comment

I had this exact problem on my 93, but it would do it intermitenly(sp?)..The pos cable terminal was loose(corroded as well). I tightened it down as tight as it would go, but it was still loose. I went to advanced auto and got new cable terminals. The adjustable ones.Look like a C shape sort of, silver. I cleaned off my battery posts and put the new terminals on. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                              X